SAU Community

Just Got A Parking Infringement. Help!

xALmoN

And so the story goes like this.

This afternoon, I was at Kingsway, Glen Waverly, wanting to get some pork. While i was looking for a parking lot, my girlfriend suddenly felt pukish. So i just put on my hazard lights and ran into the shop to get a bag for her. When i came out, the girlfriend showed me the infringement notice.

It says STOPPED - DOUBLE PARK

And i have to pay $70.

Do i contest it? Or should i just pay the fine. The money doesn't matter so much, but i was gone for like, 20 seconds.

Yeah, you did something wrong so you technically would need to pay. But I personally would write a letter explaining the situation, and see if they show and leniency. Most likely you will need to pay.

Why did your girlfriend not talk to the parking officer? Was she even visible or was she like in the bushes chucking?

Well, she was just sitting there and he ignored her and just put the notice there.

Oh well, so i should just pay the fine. Didn't know it was an offence, to stop there.

What exactly is Double Parking?

if you couldnt talk to the parking dude at the time, i wouldnt bother about it, fines been written and done, $70 is like a full tank, but not really worth the worry and bullshit you have to go through to cancel it.

or you could exaggerate the situation, saying you miss's was curled up on the front seat with bad pains, so you did what any boyfriend would do, and that asshole inspector didn't even care to see if she was alright while you were gone for all of 1min max.

give it a crack either way, the worst that can happen is that you pay your $70 :P

And so the story goes like this.

This afternoon, I was at Kingsway, Glen Waverly, wanting to get some pork. While i was looking for a parking lot, my girlfriend suddenly felt pukish. So i just put on my hazard lights and ran into the shop to get a bag for her. When i came out, the girlfriend showed me the infringement notice.

It says STOPPED - DOUBLE PARK

And i have to pay $70.

Do i contest it? Or should i just pay the fine. The money doesn't matter so much, but i was gone for like, 20 seconds.

Common sense would have gone a long way here, if any one in my car says they feel like spewing they get kicked the f**k out, do you know how hard it is to get the smell of spew out of your car, not to mention how violated the car will feel, you have betrayed its trust, it will for ever hate you.

i always thought double parking was something similar to those tools you see just stopping in a lane, jumping out to buy ciggs and jumping back in. they are double tools when you want to reverse out and they're blocking ya. just pay the fine and be weary next time. did she ever throw up in the end? :P

Yeah she did, in that plastic bag i for her.

Well, all i did was stop behind 2 full lots, but i now know you can't do it here.

Alright, i'm too lazy to go contest it anyway, i heard its a super long process. Will just pay the fine i reckon.

You're lucky it wasn't the "Loading Zone" around the corner in Colemen Pde near the station. $117 fine for a 10 second stop - I always thought it was a "drop off" area since there's nowhere else to stop on that side of the road - unless you're a taxi. (I'm an unofficial taxi but that doesn't count.)

JH 

And today when i tried to pay the fine, it says that the infringement number was not found.

How long do they take to update the system anyway? Its been 4 days, or 2 working days. Do they really need to take that long? I thought it was all seamless.

And today when i tried to pay the fine, it says that the infringement number was not found.

How long do they take to update the system anyway? Its been 4 days, or 2 working days. Do they really need to take that long? I thought it was all seamless.

I think its pretty much instant, at the most it would be in there when they get back to the office.

Yeah I got some $70 odd fine for parking my car over night around the corner from the pub in a two hour zone. The only sign was about ten metres away with an arrow pointing along the wall. I did the right thing and didn't drive and I get fined for it :D Just payed up though. could not be bothered with the whole lengthy proses of contesting

If you follow the instructions at the back of the ticket, it should be right. Make sure you went to the correct site to pay for your fine. If not, just call them up and pay with your credit card through the phone.