SAU Community

Weird Vibration After Gearbox Change!

~Nvied~

Hey guys ... was wondering if anyone could help me fix my problem. I blew up my gear box (RB20DET) a few weeks ago and now have upgraded to a (RB25DET) gearbox. After the swap i notice a bit of vibration coming when im driving. Usually only in second gear and than comes back when im going around 100. My thoughts are that its the wheel bearings as the vibration was there before the gear box change but has gotten worse. Any thoughts???

P.S the gearbox was all put in professionally.

Hey guys ... was wondering if anyone could help me fix my problem. I blew up my gear box (RB20DET) a few weeks ago and now have upgraded to a (RB25DET) gearbox. After the swap i notice a bit of vibration coming when im driving. Usually only in second gear and than comes back when im going around 100. My thoughts are that its the wheel bearings as the vibration was there before the gear box change but has gotten worse. Any thoughts???

P.S the gearbox was all put in professionally.

If you went from a 20 box to a 25 box, they would have had to change the tailshaft, more importantly the yoke as the 25 box's yoke is larger than the 20.

The tailshaft may have been put out of balance when they swapped it over or the balance weight may have been knocked off.

It seems strange that you've mentioned the vibration in second gear only then at 100km/h.

If the wheel bearing are shot you would notice it throughout speed increase, not just in second and at 100.

Dunno man, I would start at the tailshaft.