SAU Community

N1 Oil Pump - Epic Fail

Rezlo

toyota pump drive is awesome its a dam shame nissan didnt steal it off them, i mean just look at all the oil pumps for a RB26 how many to you hear being put on to 2J's etc !

Probably about the same amount of 2j oil pumps put on rb26's.

That may be my next step. Your totally right on tho!

What happened to the guy that was designing the splined gears? Machine work in Canada is relatively cheap. I got a few guys I use and its very reasonable. I'd like to see what this other guy ended up with as a design. Did he make new gears completely or just the inner gear and drive for the crank?

I think there has to be a cheap solution for everyone. Or we could all go dry and call it a day. none of this inbetween stuff ($1500 for same design pump)

Inner and outer gear to suit an N1 pump housing and a splined crank collar to suit. I was going to trial a set but he got jerked around by his machinist who then went out of business and the guy lost several thousand dollars on the venture.

Inner and outer gear to suit an N1 pump housing and a splined crank collar to suit. I was going to trial a set but he got jerked around by his machinist who then went out of business and the guy lost several thousand dollars on the venture.

Woah, that sounds ridicules. poor guy! I think I remember hearing about that on these forums a year or so ago. I dont visit too often, but the Canadian forums are boring to read these days so I wanted to read over some of the good threads here.

Tho, not sure how he can loose several thousand dollars??? Unless he was in a production run of them. Cant see loosing that much on making one or two sets and then trying them out to make sure they work. Do you know if he started with one gear set and get a chance to test the design?

Im not even sure I'll get around to it. i think after doing all the stuff to help out the RB like collars, restrictors, drains, vents, sumps ect Its more less go dry set up now. Id only do these gears if I could get them for less than $400-$550 CAD for the new gears and drive once you get into production. Sounds like a great idea tho.

To tool up for one or two sets was too cost prohibitive, he had forked out for materials and tooling for a run of 10 or so I think. I was going to be trialling a set before he put them up for sale.

RB30 Ceffy.. any chance you could see one of your machinist contacts over there with a set of N1 pump gears & stock set of 2JZ gears to make this happen ?..

Or get an idea on pricing for a small run of them with EN series steel.

RB30 Ceffy.. any chance you could see one of your machinist contacts over there with a set of N1 pump gears & stock set of 2JZ gears to make this happen ?..

Or get an idea on pricing for a small run of them with EN series steel.

yeah, Im looking into it. Bit busy with some things but that was my next step. Wasnt sure if its really worth an entire set of gears for the price you can get an aftermarket pump for. But once I have an idea I can post what I come up with in here. I've had the idea of using something like the REIMAX gear set with a 2J style drive. Had another member on here just PM me on the same subject. Im just not sure when i'll get around to it. My friend is a CNC drafter and I have several friends who run the machine. I just dont have any capital at the moment to buy the gears for a copy and i am no engineer to configure a new pump on my own. If anyone has a draft made up that would work or could have the drive modified i would be more than happy to help set things up.