SAU Community

Infiniti Q45

Hi all, the other day in a doctors waiting room I saw he had a pile of 'High Performance Imports' magazine. I picked up a copy and had a squizz.They had an article on a pristine Infiniti Q45 (as well as a 4.0l V8 Toyota Crown import).

Does anyone know how many of these Q45's are around? Can the model sold here be bought as a grey import? Anyone know about maintenance, reliability? The article I read was from about 4 years ago and they talked about a price of $13,000 on the road!

I have two A33 Maxima's and I would be interested in looking at one of these Infinitis as a daily driver..(but only does 10,000 kms per year).For a while I had decided my next purchase was going to be an older but hopefully a low km & immacualte Lexus LS or GS (they do come up and they are fairly cheap too), but I reckon this Q45 has a bit more character (even that quirky front nose!) and a superior engine (4.5l V8 with 207-220kw- depending on who you talk to!). There are even a few guys on youtube who have shown what beautiful noise you can get with some exghaust modifications. Also I'd prefer a Nissan based product to a Toyota.

If anyone knows more about these cars and could share their knowledge it would be much appreciated :)

post-59028-1250724834_thumb.jpg

Thanks Scathing much appreciated, so the Nissan Cima is the JDM equivelant? That would be 4.5 litre V8 as well? If so, sounds good. To be honest it would be great to locate a local delivered car, driven by some old guy who wrapped it in cotton wool and can't drive it anymore, but its good to know there is a grey import equivelant!

Obviously the $13K related to mid 90's Q45, I'd expect a current Cima/Q45 to cost much more!!

Yeah you can get ADM Q45's and some also came in under the 15yo rule. Some guy was selling one heaps cheap for like 3-4k on this forum or nissansilvia. Its probably still for sale, needed a bit of work. ie interior trim.

Thanks Scathing much appreciated, so the Nissan Cima is the JDM equivelant? That would be 4.5 litre V8 as well?

According to Wikipedia, yes.

The girlfriend's shop has one of these sitting in it:

800px-2008_Nissan_Cima_01.JPG

Although I'm not sure if its the V8 or the VQ30DET. The top spec model has foot massagers for the rear passengers.

Ooooh nice, Scathing, very nice indeed!...

DLOOK $3-4K is VERY CHEAP!, ...but you get what you pay for & it might be a bit rough for that money, be nice to find something that's been wrapped in cotton wool for a few years. If you have to pay $10-13K and it's an absolute plum it would probably be worth it.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.

It's pretty baller. Even the bottom of the line one was really nice suede material.

The passengers front seat has a cut out so that it can be folded down when the seat isn't occupied so that the passenger at the back has a leg rest. It also has in-built massagers to massage the rear passengers leg.

The interior is pretty awesome too. seats move back automatically when you take the key out so its easier to get out, then it goes back into your set driving position when the key goes in.

The only problem I have with it is that since it's so luxurious, the steering is very vague for comfort. But it also means it has no feel through the wheel.

-Ms-Scathing

I just walk around that Cima picturing it VIP style.

Jet black, all the brightwork polished up fat chrome wheels, decked on its guts with massive camber, quad square tipped exhausts, illegally dark tint.

Basically this without the white bits:

20090218-029.JPG

I'm so glad you posted that pic. I dragged one of these aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago in my Soarer. I beat it, but I've long wondered what the hell it was because it had a V8 sounding engine and some weird badge on the wheels that I couldn't identify. Figured it must have been some American V8 sedan because it didn't really look Jap or Euro. Now I know :P

Hi all, the other day in a doctors waiting room I saw he had a pile of 'High Performance Imports' magazine. I picked up a copy and had a squizz.They had an article on a pristine Infiniti Q45 (as well as a 4.0l V8 Toyota Crown import).

Does anyone know how many of these Q45's are around? Can the model sold here be bought as a grey import? Anyone know about maintenance, reliability? The article I read was from about 4 years ago and they talked about a price of $13,000 on the road!

I have two A33 Maxima's and I would be interested in looking at one of these Infinitis as a daily driver..(but only does 10,000 kms per year).For a while I had decided my next purchase was going to be an older but hopefully a low km & immacualte Lexus LS or GS (they do come up and they are fairly cheap too), but I reckon this Q45 has a bit more character (even that quirky front nose!) and a superior engine (4.5l V8 with 207-220kw- depending on who you talk to!). There are even a few guys on youtube who have shown what beautiful noise you can get with some exghaust modifications. Also I'd prefer a Nissan based product to a Toyota.

If anyone knows more about these cars and could share their knowledge it would be much appreciated ;)

post-59028-1250724834_thumb.jpg