SAU Community

Powerfc + A-lsd in R33

Moanie

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same problem, alsd fails. although mine is a little different to yours. let me re-read the 3 pages and post what i found. the lsd slip works fine it spins both wheels and cranks fine when voltage drop occurs on the car the a-lsd light comes on indicating failure even tho the car aint moving etc. also my idle isnt prefect like its just that tiny bit below the stock idle and it sounds a little off beat

ok after re-reading all the pages yours sounds like it fails when you slip or spin the wheels indicating the actual lsd puter is ****ed or angry. mine happens when theres a voltage drop/change in the car. like if im at idle at a complete stop. turn lights on, spotlights on, press brake a few times. turn lights off. lights on again. lights off bang a-lsd light comes on. if i give it some stick from a standing still (when a-lsd light hasnt come on yet) it spins and slip comes on normally and goes away fine no problems at all and can keep redoing that and it wont fail. as soon as im stopped and start turning the lights on and off the thing fails. i have the same problem with my apexi pen turbo timer. doing the same procedure causes the a/f ratio to start being displayed. normally it wont display the a/f but doing lights on lights on brake etc and voltage changing every now and then it shows the real a/f

yeah i drove arond before after last post, can replicate it every time almost

lights on, idle. lights off and back on and off. bang a-lsd comes on. driving normally slip works fine and it controls the power correctly. didnt happen with stock ecu. i suspect the same problem was occuring however a-lsd wasnt being affected or at least the light illuminate code wasnt firing. as said before ive had "voltage drop" problems in my car before the powerfc. the first victim being the apexi pen turbo timer. doing the procedure can occasionally get the a/f to show normally its just ---

does anyone have a recent copy of the powerfc hand controller manual in english.

ive got the older rx7 model hand controller manual and the one from the apexi site but its slight older. under sensor check on my car a lot of the sensor names have changed and theres some new ones not in the english manual print that i downloaded.

i have sensors such as ECC, 02H, F/P and a few others that I cant work out what they are

ok had a bit of a fiddle around again today. mine alsd only fails when the engine is at idle

whilst driving it will never fail, regardless if i do burnouts or not. slip comes on when i do burnouts (normal) and alsd light will on come on and stay on once the car has been idle. im not sure how long it has to idle for before it "breaks" but it happens when the engine returns to normal idle rpm. since the powerfc has been in (2 days) the idle hasnt been prefect. I did the normal idle calibration as per the manual wtih air con and demister etc and let it idle but the idle has never been 100% stock. the stock ecu idled at about 750 or 800 or thereabouts and had a "smooth" note. now with the powerfc its about 690/720 and it sounds a bit "chuggy" as its near stall point. upon checking the stock values, injectors, afm, duty etc all appear normal and dont flucate just the idle is a bit lower than normal. so i go into setting, change idle settings to about 830 to crank it up a bit and the powerfc doesnt change the rpm it still stays at 690/710 drive for abou 30 minutes and it starts to idle at 830 but that was with electrical load and lights on. i changed the FC normal and FC normal with electrical load both from 720 odd (i think) to 830 each. idle is now at 830. hopefully this gets rid of the stupid alsd fail. i suspect the idle drops to 690rpm looses power or does something wierd and the a-lsd goes oh crap something is about to go bad and fails itself. ive checked all my ecu wiring and its all fine and ensure all the stock wires were spliced correctly (from apexi rsm install) and there were some bare wires which could have been grounding themselves, bare as in not gapped off or taped up (but no copper wire exposed) so ive taped them to ensure they arent grounding

another strange bit (occured with stock ecu also) was once my apexi rsm was installed the stock Rv0 setting is 4500rpm. The Rv0 is used for RevOutput signal which you can run to a relay to control things like shift lights, water spray kits etc. once the rsm picks up rpm over 4500 or whatever value it turns that wire into active to trigger your custom relay hookup to turn on your custom mod "on" via the relay wire. now the wire im talking about goes nowhere and isnt connected to anything. upon driving the car and going over 4500rpm the rpm needle would go spastic and drop to 0 rpm and whatever rpm the car was at over and over in a "panic" mode of some sort. also the hicas light would flash. so you could drive along in any situation, go past 4500, the rsm actives the "relay wire" which goes no where and suddenly the stock tacho goes spazzo and the hicas light flashes. the fix was to set the Rv0 rpm setting to 9500rpm (setting beyond stock rev limit) so that it was never reached and therefore wouldnt make the tacho go nuts. doing this was a "workaround" and got rid of the bad side affect. no other problems were found when this "bug" occured. once it occured and you dropped below 4500rpm all would return to normal. any rpm over 4500 would just result in spastic ticking of the tacho and constant hicas flash until you went below the rv0 setting

strange problem #3 is related to my apexi pen turbo timer. it never shows the a/f ratio its always --- i did a thread about this and no one had any ideas. occasionally at night. stop at traffic lights and come to idle. normal lights are on and the idle point is high like 1300rpm and it stays that high. you can rev to 2k and take accel off bang idle goes to 1300 and stays there sometimes it would go up a bit. once i saw it as high as 1600rpm. a flick of the headlight/spotlights switch (turn them off) bang instantly idle goes to 850rpm and the pen timer lights up with the a/f ratio correctly. this happened a few times and was reproducable although it didnt happen every day, maybe once a month? i had a busted alternator some time ago which was overcharging the battery. i had the battery warning light on for some time (a week) and had the car checked by auto elec he said aleternator is overcharing need a reco one, was changed with a mitsubishi one and that worked fine, battery light went away and i also got a new battery even tho the auto elec said it was fine. new battery and no warnings or anything just these stupid ass voltage problems or at least what it appears to be "voltage" related.

voltage never drops below 14.8 when driving. occasionally goes up and down a bit, up to 15.1 or .2 and 14.7 etc. with car off and stereo on 12.9 or 13.2 depeding on how long. this is from apexi rsm, apexi pen timer and the powerfc controller. all show same values. plotting the batt voltage and revs on the rsm in graph mode at night. shows a constant midrange line at idle with lights on for both volts and rpm. turn lights off, massive drop in curve for rpm but volts never drops/changes. go figure

the old rx7 manual for hand controller is a bit outdated and doesnt have the recent settings for hand controller. ive got some new sensors such as ECC, F/P and a few others its in the japanese manual I have and ive asked apexi for an english copy of the recent manual. failing that ill try and get a friend to translate the sensor check page from the manual so i know what the sensors are (new ones) cos in the manual it says like F/P and japanese characters so ive got no idea what it is

ok idle is now 850/860 and its perfect. after 35 minutes driving no a-lsd fail at all.

seems fine and idle seems good. hasnt dropped to 690/710rpm anymore and no alsd fail when vehicle is stopped at idle. fiddled with lights/spotties and didnt fail either.

moanie; have you ever had battery problems? when was the last time you repalced your battery?

nahh.. last time i replaced my battery was in march last year... and i haven't had any probs since then : ( whats going on!!! it is a powerfc! i need a new one!! this is sooo ghey! :) who tuned your car paul? did he mention coming across any other a-lsd compatibility issues??!

hasnt been tuned yet, gets done on monday

im sure they wont have any idea re: pfc alsd problems

my a/f on the apexi pen timer started working tonight

alsd failed when i was stopped at home, turned lights off at idle and alsd died

was fine for the 35 trip that i had just done

also i tried turned on apexi rsm rv0 value again to 3500rpm

went past 3500rpm tacho goes nuts, hicas flashes but this time alsd comes on also

so now 3 things occur. im sure the rv0 is grounding or wired up incorrectly on the ecu loom and doing bad shit. will check it. since ive cranked up the idle rpm and taped up the wires the alsd hasnt failed by itself. its only failed by turning lights off at idle