SAU Community

Powerfc + A-lsd in R33

Moanie

of course if you had of read the powerfc FAQ and this thread you would have known what actually occurs. the light simply comes and on stays in single spinner mode until you reboot the car. There are newer models of the Apexi PowerFC which may have this bug fixed, I am not sure yet. It's certaintly driveable and poses no major problem, just annoying intermittent single spinner. I drive my car everyday like this and its not major problem.

The powerfc is the most suitable drop in ECU for the skyline, no questions asked

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeap.. what paul said.. i still have the prob! lol!!! but now i just ignore it!! I have some plans to borrow a new model pfc to see if it makes a difference, its just a matter of co-ordinating with my friend and swapping maps etc....

so yeah.. no obvious probs for me!!! i find even during a burnout it sorts itself out... so weird but its ignorable :rolleyes:

HI Moanie,

I will be keen to hear how it goes trying the new model. Do you mean 414-AN012? This is the "new" model that has just been released by Apexi. I am not sure what is different other than the model number. A member who has a 95R33 has a 414-AN012 and it doesn't idle correctly on the factory map and its apparently listed as * see notes on the official apexi site.

Let us know how the new model goes on your car, I am also try the same as I can copy tunes with datalogit quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

YESS!!!! The problem is FINALLY fixed!!! all thanks to DAVE THE MECHANIC :happy:

It turns out it is a wiring issue with the PFC!!!

The error I have always received from the ALSD computer has been to say that there is a problem with the TPS. Upon Daves further investigation he found that the PFC has no wiring (or incorrect wiring) for the TPS.

All he did to fix the problem was to cut and join some wires on the pfc. More specifically - pin number 56 (factory tps output) and pin 38 (factory tps input).

Now my alsd light is gone gone gone!! I've seen it pop on a few times, but it disappears!! which is great considering i'd have to 'reboot' to get rid of it on previous occassions!

Let me know if you guys have any questions or if you need to be clarify anything :D

thanks for the update monaie. did yours ever (EVER EVER) work with the powerfc before you had this fixed? as mine works fine when its cold and SLIP's perfectly. it seems to be when its hot it fails non stop each time. im getting a fluid change done on it during the week.

i dont see how the car or a-lsd would have worked at all with the tps signals not working correctly

thanks for the update monaie. did yours ever (EVER EVER) work with the powerfc before you had this fixed? as mine works fine when its cold and SLIP's perfectly. it seems to be when its hot it fails non stop each time. im getting a fluid change done on it during the week.

i dont see how the car or a-lsd would have worked at all with the tps signals not working correctly

Well.. mine was just weird.. i felt that even with the light on, my alsd was still working.. just the alsd light didn't know it! ;)

when i did burnouts, everyone would tell me there was only one wheel spinning!! but that would always fix itself, and both wheels would start spinning!!

My SLIP light has always worked.. i see it come on when i lose traction and then go off again!

I don't think the tps was working incorrectly, or the signals were being sent wrong at all! I thikn with the way its wired, it just bypasses the alsd! Or the alsd computer just didn't know about it! With the rewiring, its like the alsd computer is now working with the pfc! So the 'light on the dash' and the alsd computer is getting all the right signals!!

I'll get dave to read the last few posts and comments! I'm not sure if i've explained it well!!!

yes, the a-lsd works exacly like the attessa system in a gtr

it needs rpm,and tps to work,(others too, but irelavent for this)

the power fc. does not "relay" the tps signal to the alsd/abs ecu.

all that needs to happen to restore a-lsd is for the tps signal wire that goes to the a-lsd(pin 56) to be spliced directly int the sensor wire its self (pin 38)

one problem that i did encounter is the power fc outputs 5 volts from that pin for some wierd reson. so snip,problem

fixed

OR JUST GET A POWER-FC FOR AN AUTO TRANS CAR LOL

mission accomplished. did wiring as listed by T04GTR and it worked fine. no more A-LSD fail

wooooohooooo

:yes:

yep massive difference. i did an entire motorkhana day on the weekend with sau vic and was stuck in single spinner the whole day as a-lsd would just fail non stop.

it was single spinning the whole time and some of my times sucked dog balls, also on the skidpan it was hopeless, just spinning on one wheel.

now it snaps both instantly and SLIP comes on and it just glides in a nice powerslide on normal tarmac, absolutely loves it :P

i owe you big time, thanks for sorting it out with your mechanic, ill write up a proper guide in the howto section with kudos to you + t04gtr

fanks heaps

and as listed by me!! hrmp! :yes:

good to hear though!!! can't beleive it took 3 years for it to get sorted! :ohmy: can you feel any difference?

so much for eveyrone saying to go to qld to get some guy to fix it!!!! don't know why people don't like sharing info like this!!!

:P

you're online?! are you not working today?!

hahaha.. and no probs Paul!! all thanks really goes to Dave! :) it was all his doing :) good to see it works :) i look forward to some proper skidpan days :(:yes:

I started this thread on the 26th november 2003!! woah! thats a long time for a 5mins fix! LOL!

Hi All,

A fix has been found for issues with the A-LSD system and the Apexi PowerFC. For details check out http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=107656 on the correct fix. Basically the TPS signal needs to be sent to the A-LSD computer which the Apexi PowerFC (and presumably others) don't do

wonder if this works with the wolf aswel? will give it a try. I think mine also has another problem because my light comes straight on when started. I hear the pump runs for a second then stop and the light comes on.

wonder if this works with the wolf aswel? will give it a try. I think mine also has another problem because my light comes straight on when started. I hear the pump runs for a second then stop and the light comes on.

• 2 months later...

Since applying this fix I have intermittently seen engine check light errors, and the TPS voltage drops to 0.02v and the revs are really unstable. a reboot of the car seems to clear the problem but i am unsure what else is affected or any other potential side affects. stay tuned

my notes are here about the TPS errors

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=120847

anyone else seen this problem?

• 2 years later...

I rang up a reputable workshop yesterday and the dude that answered the phone said he's ask the tuner whether he knows anything about the compatibility of the PFC with A-LSD.

He rang back today and said something like "The tuner said that they are compatible, but you will need some rewiring done which we can do for around $600 drive-in, drive-out..."

I'm like lolwut!? I told him I was fine and don't want that.. I should have asked what rewiring is done exactly for $600.