SAU Community

$5k 300kw?

rb2?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as for driving a 300kw car, unfortunately 400 is the new 200, and like arseholes everyone has one now.

the fact is 300kw is damn fast and there are very very few times you can use more than 300kw.

as for getting it built for $5k as trent said it is possible, and it's not necessarily impossible. But you will need to do stuff the cheap way....which I'm always happy to do:D

yeah im after a reliable build, ive been doing a lot of researching and brainstorming aswel tryin spend the money wisely. Had another talk to the workshop that offered me the price but not quite 100% on his 2nd bits, as i have been through that path already. No sunset on the horizon yet, i just wonna spend the money on all the right places guys... :thumbsup:

If your slap happy..

RB30 bottem end $100 (or less) Not rebuilt

Holset turbo 2nd hand $500 (HX35 or HX40) use standard manifold

ECU and tuning $2500~3500ish??

Do you see where i'm going with this??

Sure, it wont be pritty, it will take a reasonable amount of abuse and costs will be very low.

..and the best bit, everybodies jaw will hit the floor when you tell them how much it DIDN'T cost!

That will always be priceless!

Be no means the best way of building good power.. but, with some 'out side the box' thinking, do-able.

If your slap happy..

RB30 bottem end $100 (or less) Not rebuilt

Holset turbo 2nd hand $500 (HX35 or HX40) use standard manifold

ECU and tuning $2500~3500ish??

Do you see where i'm going with this??

Sure, it wont be pritty, it will take a reasonable amount of abuse and costs will be very low.

..and the best bit, everybodies jaw will hit the floor when you tell them how much it DIDN'T cost!

That will always be priceless!

Be no means the best way of building good power.. but, with some 'out side the box' thinking, do-able.

Spot on mate, what is this rebuilding the bottom end shit? just slap the head on the stock 30 bottom end and away you go! Probably pick up a 3540 for 1200, a 2nd hand microtech or wolf for around a thousy, tune set you back 600 or so bucks then injectors and a pump about another thousand. its very doable for that price range, especially if you do the work yourself

the issue there is he has said he wants a RELIABLE build for 300kw and you just cant assure that with a stock 200,000k motor that you haven't even opened.

People have been making waaaaay more than 300kw on stock 30 bottom ends with hundreds of thousands of k's on them!

Some people have been lucky enough to make more than 300kw on the stock bottom end and others have not been as fortunate. there is no guarantee that the stock bottom end will hold as is.

my 1st rb26 bottom end let go after a few mths on 362awkw, aust delivered gtr with only 90000km

my recent rb26 also let go after a few mths on 320awkw

both engines were stock so be prepared for the day when it happens, it is inevitable

every known mechanical device has a breaking point.

Some engines are just freaks (either way) and live forever or break with no known (or understood) reason.

So, I go straight back to my last statement!

Sure, you can spend large lumps of $$ on an engine that only makes 300kw, and yes it will keep doing that until it is worn out.

or, you can just say 'bugger it' its gonna break sooner or later and save the extra $$ and do it again in 6 months or 6 years time if or when the things goes bang.

So, to answer the question, yes, it is possable. May not be the way I would do it.. or you.. or half the guys on here. But do-able none the less...

But if you do it that way just pray that it doesn't destroy something that will cost you allot more to fix next time. you can get bargains on rods and pistons these days and if i was to leave it stock id at least be getting new rings/bearings and a hone.

As PSI said it can be done and mine is an example.

standard bottom rebuilt with new bearings, rings and seals. $800

RB25DE VCT head - $500

oil lines, tensioners, timing belt - $300

RB 25 hiflowed injectors - $350

Z32 AFM - $250

Holset HX35 - $500

Standard manifold modified to take external gate - $350

Custom dump pipe, piping and silicon joiners - $300

coilpacks, pick your brand these days - $400

ECU remapping - $500

Fuel pump - $200

all this costs just short of 4.5g and is the bare bones prices. you will make 300rwkw with these mods and it will be reliable but I wouldn't want to push it much further.

this is a ball tearer of an engine/turbo combo!

this does not count the gearbox you will smash or the expensive clutch. nor will you get 300rwkw to the ground neatly without a mechanical lsd

My main concern with a elcheapo rb30 built at 300rwkws would be having it live at the track...might last 10years on the street but could go pop within the first lap on a track...and I dont see the need to have 300rwkws in a car if its only going to see the street.

The OP said he drifted..how much 300rwkw limiter bashing will a stock 30 take? not that much i would say

depends, Limiter bashing kills oil pumps and you really dont need to rev a 30 that hard.

setting the limiter to 6300 is fine even for long tracks (not often you see over 230kmph) and for drift you simply use a good oil pump in them not an rb30e item.

hey im doing the same thing atm, ive already stripped the rb30e and i reccon i can build a 250rwkw 25/30 for 5grand or under. but im a mechanic and my dads a fitter and turner so we can make so much gear ourselves its just the time factor of making manifolds and cooler pluming and exhaust but itle be done :) i reccon ill have my whole track car going within 6 months. ill keep u posted on how my build is going if u like?