SAU Community

Cops And P Platers And Skylines.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess everyone has pinpointed it for you. You will find Newcastle and the central coast police have a fedish for p platers with imports :)

It all comes down to where you live after all i have been pulled over 3 times in 1 week once, i get on average 1 cop every 2 weeks on the central coast. A cop the other day in a green highway patrol car pointed at me (WAS WEIRD, i was pulling waiting at a T intersection, i just gave him the weird eye and drove off). My car has a stock body kit on it aswell with 17" rims that are a black and red mesh design. It looks good but not riced. I have not been fined and every time they check my car and walk away saying its fine.

Drive safe, keep your car clean ie. dont rice it up or bodge jobs, dont drink drive, obey all laws on the street and be nice to the cops.

I had a substantial amount of power in my car for most of the time on my p's.... The car was meant to be N/A... but i turboed it... . i got pulled over no less then 16 times in 3 years... that's not including all the booze buses....

I had 1 defect for Very minor things (pod + fmic, supposedly too low- which he never measured and a manuel boost controller)

3 fines.... all speeding but not over 10km over the limit (1 point and $142)

and

1 fine for having too darker tint 3 days after i got the car professionally tinted LEGALLY with tint professor - contested and WON

The point is... when i was being stupid ... ie 65 in a 60 zone..... i paid the price.... when things were unjust ie... tint ... I was polite to the officer, took the correct procedures and won..

and I had all those run ins with the law... only to have my license given back to me and a thank you for your time..

SO as mentioned earlier....

Politeness

Honesty

SENSIBLE BLOODY DRIVING .... yes i have my passionate times... but in places where legal to do so...

to me, the combination is not rocket science....

Well said Adam!! I still believe that sometimes you can just be unlucky enough to get a cop that is intent on making your life miserable, but 9/10 that formula works.

Fortunately I've only been pulled over once, and that wasn't in the Skyline either. You ask for attention you'll get it.. keep a low profile on the road and you'll go unnoticed for the most part.

Well said Adam!! I still believe that sometimes you can just be unlucky enough to get a cop that is intent on making your life miserable, but 9/10 that formula works.

Fortunately I've only been pulled over once, and that wasn't in the Skyline either. You ask for attention you'll get it.. keep a low profile on the road and you'll go unnoticed for the most part.

True true...it all depends on the copper and your attitude. Both have to co-operate for you to get off lightly.

i got pulled over last night in my housemates R32 GTST. me being on Red Ps (VIC), it was all against me;

- didnt have my license on me (honest mistake, didnt plan on going out again)

- too many passengers between 16-21 (4 to be exact, limit is 1)

- driving a overpowered car

- displaying wrong Ps (greens)

- bald rear tires

- atmo BOV (dualport megasonic :))

- FMIC+pod

but i was polite to the cop, was honest when he asked me what i was doing and why i didnt have my license on me, i was just taxing my housemates between parties. and it also helped that my passengers, although intoxicated, were polite to him. so after that huge list against me, all i got was a $50 fine for not having my license on me.

if my mates car hadnt been parked behind mine i wouldve taken mine. that said, i did drive a turbo car for 5 months and didnt get pulled over, mainly for the reason i have been pulled over i think 3 times since i got my license last year; have kept my car clean, havnt driven like a dick, and dont cut laps every single night.

its all about having a little thing called common sense, and manners :)

Basically, the less attention you bring to yourself the better. Ive been driving cars for the last 8 years following this principle, and it has never got me defected even tho all of my cars have been defectable. If you do get pulled up, be as nice as possible. If you pass the police 'attitude' test, depending on the officer, they will be a lot more lenient towards you.

Didnt you cop a fine for doing skids on a roundabout not long ago, with the use of your 2 way :)

thank you, thank you ill be here all week :)

oh and yeh course ur right, they can just hate you... so I might be a little bit cheeky where possible:

another 1 of my brushes with the law... i was filling up at nunawading shell at about 12am thursday night and an undercover cop fangs a u turn to come in and have a look at me and my car... im minding my own business... filling up my car... he comes up to me and says "turbo?" I said "Gday mate, yes it is..." he starts going on about how he is going to give me a $180 fine for being overpowered and it has a fmic ... blah blah blah.. then he pretends its just bad luck like "oh, i'm sorry mate, just wrong place, wrong time, I guess"

before he starts writing it... I ask him what sort of car do you think this is? he goes a skyline and I say yes but what model? he replies a GTST... thats where I got him! its a GTS4 and according to the weight stats its heavier... so then he gets out his little chart of import power to weight lists to say what it is or isn't... I keep telling him its not a common model in a 33 and he wont find it... sure enough he couldnt find it and didn't know what to do...

So i decided to help the man out... being a uni student i can do magical equations like (power/weight) *1000= kw per ton, that a mer police officer would struggle with... so we used the power of a GTST but with the weight of a GTR because they are both AWD... what do you know... it is under the 125kw restriction... he then said to me he is going to write down my details and get my mobile to call me that night... mind u i was tired.. but I waited at home for the call... and if he got back to the station and found I was lying he would be sending me the fine... I told him he wont find much on my car but if he does tell me the website because I would like to know... he called me to say he couldn't find anything so theres nothing he could do...

that poor man must have been scratching his bald head all night....

AND can you believe he pulled me over a month later... didn't realise it was me... I had to tell him everything we went through previously... he then remembered and I asked why he pulled me over, and he said never mind. As he was leaving he said "hey mate, those blue lights on the back of your car...." I said "yes? what is wrong with them?" he said: "nothing, they just look pretty gay" and drove off...

I think he has been transfered somewhere Northern now.

Ahh, memories

Nice story!! So he couldn't find anything on your car, so he has to have a stab at you instead about what he thinks of the lights on your car... yeah that's the sort of cop attitude we need now isn't it!

Wrong place wrong time... so when and where is the best place and time to fill up petrol? He targeted you, made a u-turn just to pull in to try and fine you for something, meanwhile there could be a drunk driver elsewhere, or someone in a genuinely defectable car blowing smoke all over the road :)

I remember one day, driving around sydney with two skylines......one turbo and on N/A. The N/A had some sort of heat shield over the extractors and a nice custom airbox, both cars get pulled up and bonnets opened......they could not tell the difference between the engines :) worst thing my mate is a P plater and was driving the turbo and the N/A by a open licenced driver. But really all my mate said to the officer is "point the turbo out to me" and after 10 minutes of looking around he let us go and proceeded to the N/A trying the same thing.

Yeah some cops just don't know anything when it comes to the cars, they just see a Japanese import driving around and they will assume its illegal or the driver is a hoon. Things all import owners have to deal with whether we like it or not.