SAU Community

September 2009 Photo Thread

Xmetal

^ incredible. From that to where it is now is just astonishing.

I wonder what dslrs will be like in say 10-20 years time!!

So did a photoshoot for this s15 the other day.. The client did not want any main photos published anywhere :D

So here is the teaser pic: Probably not even allowed to post this..

IMG_1467a_resize.jpg

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, I took this photo of my car way back in June when we had a Sydney Stagea owner's meeting, but I only just fiddled with it in Photoshop and did a colour splash - my first attempt! I think I should really start to set aside some time EACH day so I can learn to use PS properly, maybe watch a few youtube vids, etc.

Here it is:

IMG_0278splash.jpg

r32_doriftoo - would like liked to see a bit more exposure to the pics. But otherwise its great man :D Nice skylines!!

Thank you very much siddr20, as I said I'm gonna edit 'em later :D

Those drifting pictures are awesome, would like to have a lens like this too :)

Thanks sam..

ian - nice light painting.. using softbox and constant light?

Nick - great attempt. I just dont think it works for this pic. But i know you were just trying this for the 1st time.

Dominik - ah coo looking forward to seeing the edited versions.. Meh you dont need any fancy lens for panning shots lol..

Try it with the lens you got now.

Dust Storm from today: The orange is natural.. Thats how the sky looked all morning!!

IMG_1956_resize.jpg

IMG_1983_resize.jpg

IMG_1981_resize.jpg

Nice pics of the dust storm Sidd. It was like that for 2 days straight up here in the middle of nowhere. This is what my car looks like now, and some pics from yesterday and my bros pics from work from monday. It was blowing hard enough to blow down a neighbours fence, mind you its only fibre sheet.

post-59380-1253676490_thumb.jpg

post-59380-1253676543_thumb.jpg

post-59380-1253676603_thumb.jpg

post-59380-1253676613_thumb.jpg

post-59380-1253676638_thumb.jpg

post-59380-1253676690_thumb.jpg

post-59380-1253676700_thumb.jpg

post-59380-1253676720_thumb.jpg

post-59380-1253676729_thumb.jpg

post-59380-1253676734_thumb.jpg

Was crazy thismorning.. I got one photo with the iphone at 5;30-6am but didnt want to take the camera outside so I went back to bed and most was gone by the time I got up again. .

Love those drift shot sidd!!!!!

Another one from the freeway..

3947621896_232e3ed5b8.jpg

and on the wednesday before, our Flickr group went on a night shoot around our industrial area, about 25-30 of us turned up and went pretty well considering the rain at the start and cold winds...got some nice ones but i think this was the best of my few..

3925706937_9dcace04c6.jpg

Edited by dodgsun

wsntm3 - feel sorry for your car.. Glad i didnt wash mine the other day as i was really feeling lazy.

But that 2nd last pic you posted up looks intense..Oh and what is it? Im intrigued by it.

dodgsun - thanks man... Where do you find these empty long highways to do photos at lol.. Looks great :)

You need a hot model to shoot now in front of the car :(

Edited by siddr20

ian - nice light painting.. using softbox and constant light?

Constant light yes, i'm not actually allowed to tell what I used though because i'm sworn to secrecy by the owner of the light.

That is one of the shafts from site Sidd. Its also one of the ways underground via a cage that can hold 20 people.

If you google maps Olympic Dam and look at the mine site, its the shaft on the far right of site.

So are those pics (wsntm3) of a dust storm at olympic dam? I work at Boddington gold mine, no major dust storms. Though i lived in kalgoorlie for a year near a horse racing track and sometimes the storms would whip up big dust storms off of that.

And sidd, i like 5 and 7 best of those track pics.

Xmetal, i like the pic you took of the yellow car, i think the other one is a little too dark.

Whoever took the fireplace shot, that is my current work wallpaper ;)

So are those pics (wsntm3) of a dust storm at olympic dam? I work at Boddington gold mine, no major dust storms. Though i lived in kalgoorlie for a year near a horse racing track and sometimes the storms would whip up big dust storms off of that.

And sidd, i like 5 and 7 best of those track pics.

Xmetal, i like the pic you took of the yellow car, i think the other one is a little too dark.

Whoever took the fireplace shot, that is my current work wallpaper :blush:

yay thats my shot :P many thanks for the comments too guys, greatly appreciated. also loving the track shots sidd :D