Xmetal

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that the fisheye lens?

I did the stupidest thing on the weekend.

Was going to learn how to use my camera and my bf had been going through the documents and put the 'manual' on my desk, so i was reading this trying to learn how i change the FOV and shutterspeed or whatever and it was REALLY unhelpful, so an hour later i gave up, and it turns out it was the camera tips booklet and the manual was elsewhere :(

so i STILL dont know how to use my camera.

I heard those different lenses arent that expensive though? like colour filters etc.

Is that the fisheye lens?

I did the stupidest thing on the weekend.

Was going to learn how to use my camera and my bf had been going through the documents and put the 'manual' on my desk, so i was reading this trying to learn how i change the FOV and shutterspeed or whatever and it was REALLY unhelpful, so an hour later i gave up, and it turns out it was the camera tips booklet and the manual was elsewhere :rofl:

so i STILL dont know how to use my camera.

I heard those different lenses arent that expensive though? like colour filters etc.

Lol, what camera is it? Most tips booklets are pretty useful still... Most lenses are expensive.. :(

ahaha u said most lenses arent expensive then went on to say like colour filters?... filters are different to lenses. a filter is what you put on top of a lens to get a certain effect... use photoshop though its more adjustable

ahaha u said most lenses arent expensive then went on to say like colour filters?... filters are different to lenses. a filter is what you put on top of a lens to get a certain effect... use photoshop though its more adjustable

There are some things photoshop can't do as well as certain filters. :D

Yeah i realise i was talking about lenses then talked about filters. I know theres a difference, it was just a tired moment.

and i cant remember what camera i have, its a canon, but i work on a mine, live at the mine and the cameras at home.

Do ya know how it compares to the canon 15mm 2.8 Fisheye? Maybe we should do some comparisons on full frame bodies. :)

Yeah, Tripod bench testing sounds like a good idea. :)

Pics from today...

_F4U5954.jpg

_F4U5956.jpg

Moar to come. :)

IM jealous ian!! I want that camera and lens..

Sometimes i find i need two nd8 filters on a bright day...

Plenty of 2nd hand 5D's floating around Sidd! Get off your arse and start trawling FleaBay! :)

On a full day of sun i'd use 3 ND8's to be sure. :)

fisheyes are great..been using mine a fair bit

id love to just get rid of all my gear, get a 5dmk2 and a 15mm canon.

but, ill put up with my 40d + 10-17 tokina FE for the moment.