SAU Community

the big secret

rob77

Ok, you guys wanted to know. I use Speedworks as my prefered workshop, I've used them quite a few times for bits and pieces as well as general servicing (oil change, etc) and I'm more than happy with their work and knowledge. They've tuned some pretty powerful beasts, have a look at:

http://www.speedworksauto.com.au

Recently they did my boost gauge and boost controller as well, in the near future they'll be doing my trust front mount cooler and probably a greddy e-manage ecu. In the distant future a trust turbo, trust 550cc injectors and a larger fuel pump to suit. They're more than happy for any of you forum members to drop in and talk shop as well as your work as required, when you do drop in mention that I sent you (rob with the black r33 skyline) and they'll extend to you the same level of service. They have huge amounts of knowledge, one of their most recent beasts is a 11.7 second quarter mile R34 GTR and it was still not tuned completely.

Anyway, I'll think you'll find they are quite serious about their work and are one of the more reliable places around.

Rob

Originally posted by rob77

You'd have to speak to them to get an idea, but I get them to put mobil 1 in my car and thats what they recommend. just tell them I sent you (speak to ivan or john) and they'll look after you.

Rob

But i thought you had used them for a service before....... how much did it cost you?

I had the oil changed and the filter as well as having some fabrication work done on my stock bov to block it off from the manifold but still leave it on (ie: a metal plate). So all up it was around $250 (mainly due to the time involved in making the metal plate). The oil from memory was around $50 for the 4-5 litres and oil filter was $10-$20 and I'd say it would have taken them around an hour to change the oil and check a couple things over so its around $50/hr labour plus your GST, might be dearer than your local mechanics, but they work on performance cars all day everyday, not family sedans. I wouldnt go to a certain large chain of mechanics after they worked on my wifes hatchback, completely stuffed the brakes and charged a fortune and another guy reckoned it took him close to 6 hours of labour to remove and replace her clutch @ $40/hr.

Rob

Originally posted by initialD

Ben, xspeed regular?? they got great cars dont they.......y dont u stick on an Xspeed sticker like i have ahhah

how would one go about getting an XSpeed sticker ? are they free ?

Originally posted by initialD

Ben, xspeed regular?? they got great cars dont they.......y dont u stick on an Xspeed sticker like i have ahhah

Yeah i keep meaning to grab a couple of stickers off of them but always forget........ Its the least they can do after the $$$ I spend there ;)

My personal opinion is you will find them both good. Jan and Hanson at X Speed have built some killer rex's and evo's as well as skylines.

Things have changed a bit at Speedworks with Basil Chow now running the w/shop and I have found him to be very competent and knowledgeable as he has a gtst RB26 he is building.

Trouble with them is getting hold of John or Ivan.

Also some of you may knock them but CRed w/shop under Lumpy Campbell is another one to consider.