SAU Community

Hks Ssqv Bov Blocked?

Savin

hi guys..im having problem with my ssqv bov..i bought the bov thru here so its 2nd hand..the problem is that everytime i rev it while in idle....it goes thru the pod and not the bov..so i get a flutter....so i checked my vac lines and loose the adjustment and its still doing the same...flutter.......so i checked the bov....it seems that the bov is not popping the way it is meant too...so i grabbed a stick and while i revved the car i pushed inside the bov and it seemed that it has a hard tension.... but i adjusted the back to loose....so what i did is to clean the inside...which i did.....chucked it back on and it still doing the same problem?? im running on 12psi with all the support mods.......plz someone help me....i already checked all the forums but they are not the same problem as i have....i need your opinions..thanks a bunch

ok..ima try dat now..however i saw on one of the forum that to cut the spring a to a desired tension....however ima try and go for a ride now and will tell ya's the outcome...if it still doing the flutter i may cut the spring....need help guys

im having the same issue with my turbosmart type 3 plumb back ( dont have it on the car currently) ive cleaned it out so the piston slides nice but its only at higher revs when it will open at lower revs it simply doesnt open and i get flutters. have thought about buying a different rate spring to go into it to make it a bit easier for it to open. Im only running stock boost tho (9psi). interesting to see how this is fixed

yea it does flutter.....i rev it up to 4000rpm and it still flutters......not enuff boost on 12psi??? btw thanks for quick rep

sitting at idle isnt the best time to judge it. go for a drive rev it to about 4 or 5 and then see if it still flutters

i just came back from driving...i redline most of the gears and it still flutters..my only choice now is to cut bit of the spring inside...i didnt everything...and still flutters....opinions anyone?

real or fake hks one? have you loosened it to the lowest setting. make sure you dont over do it or you will screw up the bov. the screw should only come out about 1.5-2cms and then stop. if you keep going you will unwind it off from something on the inside then break it. was it working when you bought it or is this the first time you put it on? maybe you get ripped off and sold a broken/fake one.

the flutter is the sound of the turbo spinning backwards, sounds cool but its not awesome as it puts quite a bit of load on the compressor wheel and the shaft.

ROFL!!!!!!! :( Try blowing into a leaf blower, see what happens.

But i digress, lets not start that debate again.

Just loosen the screw on the BOV. If all else fails, put the stocker back on

Are you positive that you have loosened it and not tightened it mate....i ran a GFB Stealth FX for a while ages ago and on the hardest setting it would flutter but on the lowest setting it would just vent....so maybe try turning it the other way and see if that makes a difference....Flutter isnt all that bad

also i heard it was unhealthy for the car to flutter coz its going back to turbo or something....can someone confirm....
the flutter is the sound of the turbo spinning backwards, sounds cool but its not awesome as it puts quite a bit of load on the compressor wheel and the shaft.

I have been running my stock turbo with the BOV blocked off....just for the flutter...car is running 12psi all day everyday for the last 2 years and making decent power 214.4rwkw on 12psi with the stock turbo and its a R33 S1 no issues whatsoever and it gets a thrashing as its a weekender

You'll need to pull the bov into bits and check.

Mine did the same thing, i got so pissed off that i pull the c*nt apart and found shitload of rust inside. I then soak it with Rust Off products, then lube it again properly and it works again.

is it true that if u don't recirculate the excess pressure from Ur bov back into the system it can cause issues? i had a hks ssqv fitted to mine for a short amount of time but did int have the hose blocked, i found my car stalling etc, and when i took it off and replaced it with the stock one i found my car running very rich and miss firing alot untill the ecu reset y was that