SAU Community

R34 Gtt Problem

Hi Guys,

I have a R34 GTT auto with 102,000km on the clock. Just did the 100,000km service with Bel garage about 2 months/2,000km ago.

The car has been fine but today when i started it, the engine sounds very rough and struggles to rev plus the whole car is vibrating slightly. I didn't want to push it past 2000rpm.

The Traction Control (TCS), Slip and Engine light are also on now.

The car can drive and the gearbox seems fine - but I'm not driving it. boost also comes on like normal so i don't think it's the turbo.

Could it be a loose connection or something serious...

Oh.. the only mods is a pod filter and exhuast.

thanks

Edited by craig V8 taffe

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

I have a R34 GTT auto with 102,000km on the clock. Just did the 100,000km service with Bel garage about 2 months/2,000km ago.

The car has been fine but today when i started it, the engine sounds very rough and struggles to rev plus the whole car is vibrating slightly. I didn't want to push it past 2000rpm.

The Traction Control (TCS), Slip and Engine light are also on now.

The car can drive and the gearbox seems fine - but I'm not driving it. boost also comes on like normal so i don't think it's the turbo.

Could it be a loose connection or something serious...

Oh.. the only mods is a pod filter and exhuast.

thanks

hey i got the same problem as u. the lights keep showing up and the engine seem rough n struggles to rev. loud noise come from engine n so scary. i guess it should be coilpacks problem. how's ur going?

Could be defective afm. I can replicate this problem by disconnecting it:

TCS & Slip lights remain on

Check engine light on

Car doesn't idle properly

I would recommend doing a diagnostic check either with a console cable or by shorting out 2 pins on the console plug and observing the flash pattern (Theres a tutorial about this on the forums somewhere).

Best of luck

• 1 month later...