SAU Community

R32 Gtr Oil Pump Drive Changed Over When?

Hey all,

I have a 92 R32 gtr that has had an engine and gearbox transplant before I purchased it. The donor car was another R32 but don't know what year. I had always worked on the assumption that it would of been an older R32. However last night I discovered I have a pull type clutch. Meaning the gearbox would of been from a R32 made after 2/93 (thats when clutch type changed over). I have heard that the oil pump drive was changed on the 93 models but does anybody have any firm dates? Would my car most likely have the longer or shorter drive?

Thanks

Hey mate, thanks for the reply. Was planning on either getting an R33/34 crank or a collar once this engine started to get tired. I was going to start collecting parts now in preperation for the rebuild. I guess the only way to be sure would be to pull the crankshaft seal. Might have to bite the bullet and get motivated.

Thought I would give it a shot in the off chance somebody could confirm the change over build date and save myself some work. In other words... I am lazy.