SAU Community

Quick Question

bish33

33 ones don't :O

I got hold of a 3.5" Nismo system from a '33 GT-R, and the mufflers were both centre-flow, and the angles were all wrong (the length was too, but I expected that).

Some of the pipe was re-used, but neither of the mufflers were suitable, so it turned out to be pretty much a custom system.

Anyone want a genuine Nismo rear muffler suit R33?

:rofl2:

just get one made at an exhaust shop, cost me $400 fitted for a mild steel 3" catback with resonator and cannon, dropped the car off in the morning picked it up in the afternoon

just get one made at an exhaust shop, cost me $400 fitted for a mild steel 3" catback with resonator and cannon, dropped the car off in the morning picked it up in the afternoon

Was that loud? Mine needed 2 mufflers before it was quiet enough to drive without getting a headache from the drone in the back - although that was with a turbo-back 3" stainless system.

Was that loud? Mine needed 2 mufflers before it was quiet enough to drive without getting a headache from the drone in the back - although that was with a turbo-back 3" stainless system.

yeah its pretty loud, plan on putting another resonator in to quieten it down

I've got two big oval mufflers in my system (magnaflows) and it still drones from the back... though it was pretty *#$%ing loud after I fitted my dump pipe and it didn't line up with the cat, driving it to the exhaust shop with only one bolt in and a big gap between dump pipe and cat...

Edited by DaveB

Yep saw the super drager one at $650 and thought it was too dear so got one made up at an exhaust shop and ended up costing over $800! (Another SDU member has since bought the super drager)

Apart from the one in the link above other importers will be able to order a Stagea specific exhaust for you.

3" turbo back. no mufflers or resonators and I think she sounds like a gem! lol

haha yeah sounds a bit like a tractor off boost though... don't even know what on boost sounds like 'cause i never tried when mine was like that...

I used a 32 GTR cat back also. 3" stainless dump ($150 off 33 on here), EXTREMELY high flow cat :ninja: , $70 for cat back 3 1/4 " mild steel cat back one resonator+oval muffler, $70 to mod it to fit. = 290 Turbo back :)

I used a 32 GTR cat back also. 3" stainless dump ($150 off 33 on here), EXTREMELY high flow cat :D , $70 for cat back 3 1/4 " mild steel cat back one resonator+oval muffler, $70 to mod it to fit. = 290 Turbo back ;)

Jeez you did well. I did the same but I wanted a new or near new good quality stainless system.

I just bought a second hand 32gtr stainless 3" cat back for $250 (was pretty much new). He had a stock S2 stagea zorst there as well and when we lined them up they were pretty much exact however the 32 one was about 10cm shorter and obviously had lesser gradient bends.

So I took that plus a new jjr split dump/front and a new hi-flow metal cat to Rob bliss. It's getting fitted up as I type. I'm hoping it'll all come in round the $750 mark for the whole lot fitted.

Definately not the cheapest option, and I probably could've shopped round for a bit longer. But for practically a new high quality full turbo back stainless "3 system I reckon that's pretty good value for money. Still cheaper than buying a package.

Can't wait to see/feel/hear the results.

:)

The zorst is all fitted up. There's a noticeable power increase, my mate said "that's the biggest increase he'd felt in an exhaust mod".

Mind you it did go from stock to full 3" stainless turbo back with a split dump/front and 100 cell highflow metal cat.

It's definately louder, not too bad tho. Just a little drone at 2-2500rpm, but it's fairly silent when just idling along.

Back to the topic question tho;

They didn't have to bend the pipe, just had to move the brackets and extend it by roughly 100mm.

The split dump/front was for a 33 and didn't require any bending and wasn't fouling anything. However mine is a RWD which I think means there is less gear in the way up front??

There is slightly less ground clearance (to be expected), but it's a minor difference.

He did say that he was glad I bought quality gear tho, because he gets some people bringing in dodgy cheap crap that doesn't fit and they want it to be fitted for nothing.

So yes 32 exhausts will fit with a little modification.

Cheers,

Dave-