SAU Community

Queensland Raceway Sprints

ZENNON

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was suprised! I was at QR saturday because I had my girl and her dad in a V8 experience car, to see a bunch of cool cars arriving for the afternoon sprints! So many cars that I haven't seen before, why don't some come to Lakeside...... noise limit is a lame excuse, just about anything can pass.

Not hatin, invitin :):ninja:

Thought instead of people starting a thread for each QR sprint day we'll just have a general one

we can use for chatting about QR sprints, seeing who is going, results, pictures, etc.

Top idea...

Looking forward to bringing the 32 out on a regular basis.

honestly ben, Iv'e genuinely been told car will be too loud for lakeside by QR staff. I'm happy to turn up but wouldnt want to be the one to ruin it for others...

Would love a bash at lakeside!!

I popped out on Sat too. Sone new cars good to see. :)

ps - no idea on the new QR website where to download results....? Anyone shed some light for the challenged ones?

Michael

honestly ben, Iv'e genuinely been told car will be too loud for lakeside by QR staff. I'm happy to turn up but wouldnt want to be the one to ruin it for others...

Would love a bash at lakeside!!

I popped out on Sat too. Sone new cars good to see. :P

ps - no idea on the new QR website where to download results....? Anyone shed some light for the challenged ones?

Michael

im in the same boat as mick. The screamer pipes are not a big hit with the DB meters :) or perhaps they are too big a hit :>

When can we expect to see your car back out at QR mick ??

Yeah I was suprised! I was at QR saturday because I had my girl and her dad in a V8 experience car, to see a bunch of cool cars arriving for the afternoon sprints! So many cars that I haven't seen before, why don't some come to Lakeside...... noise limit is a lame excuse, just about anything can pass.

Not hatin, invitin :P:D

Did you hang around for the afternoon mate or did you have to leave?

It would have been nice to catch up.

Last time I was at Lakeside I was asked to leave.

My car even with the street legal exhaust was 2dB over the reduced peak noise limit (95dB) at Lakeside. This was measure at the far end of the back straight where the car was in high gear and rpm. I could have slowed down around there but it defeat the purpose of "time trial".

I would love to come back but don't want to transport the car all the way up there to only have a few laps and a black flag for 97dB at 9krpm.

I also got defected before for using RE55 on the street. I am so over driving car with restrictions now (from QLD transport or Lakeside). I will turn it into a full track car and make QR it's home ;)

Come over and say hello next time Marlin. I have the black r32 with the white wheels and was testing the tin can on the boot lol

surely you could drop 2db with their dodgy "steel-wool-up-the-tailpipe" mod. there was a PP Group C RX7 running there last weekend... and Group A turbo Sierra and R32 GTR. If they don't need to break the noise limits, neither does a club level street/track car.

slight exhaust mods are a small price to pay to get to use one of the best tracks in the country. I've had to put exhausts on 2 of my cars to run them there. It certainly beats the alternative of leaving the exhaust alone and only having the option of driving the unrivaled worst track in the country.

Edited by hrd-hr30

Did you hang around for the afternoon mate or did you have to leave?

It would have been nice to catch up.

Last time I was at Lakeside I was asked to leave.

My car even with the street legal exhaust was 2dB over the reduced peak noise limit (95dB) at Lakeside. This was measure at the far end of the back straight where the car was in high gear and rpm. I could have slowed down around there but it defeat the purpose of "time trial".

I would love to come back but don't want to transport the car all the way up there to only have a few laps and a black flag for 97dB at 9krpm.

I also got defected before for using RE55 on the street. I am so over driving car with restrictions now (from QLD transport or Lakeside). I will turn it into a full track car and make QR it's home :P

Come over and say hello next time Marlin. I have the black r32 with the white wheels and was testing the tin can on the boot lol

Ah man, the enormous rear alloy wing?

You were trailering in as I was jumping in my car, sorry I missed you. I'm not shy, and waited around the black 33 gtr for a while for an owner, but had to get going, missus was all hot n shit from driving and wanted to get back to the pool :D

I'm just astounded we can't get these Skyline's passing noise tests, I have mates running PP Rotors that pass! I think you need to bring it to my muffler guy.

And Mark Berry's currently having a muffler built for the weapon 34 GTR so he can have a run there, he said he'd do any mod required to get it onto Lakeside.

And maybe, just maybe, we might end up with a Superlap type event at the track, so, wouldn't it be worthwhile getting some practice in for that? :P:D

surely you could drop 2db with their dodgy "steel-wool-up-the-tailpipe" mod. there was a PP Group C RX7 running there last weekend... and Group A turbo Sierra and R32 GTR. If they don't need to break the noise limits, neither does a club level street/track car.

slight exhaust mods are a small price to pay to get to use one of the best tracks in the country. I've had to put exhausts on 2 of my cars to run them there. It certainly beats the alternative of leaving the exhaust alone and only having the option of driving the unrivaled worst track in the country.

I removed my race exhaust, got an exhaust shop to chopped up my old HKS street exhaust and weld in an Australian muffler and it was not enough..so I gave up.

having seen said black 32 with white wheels - I can justify to it being loud - rb30 wouldn't help

Yes the race exhaust is back...it's probably making in excess of 105dB at the moment.

Quite loud without the helmet.