SAU Community

Queensland Raceway Sprints

ZENNON

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only out there to test the half tuned Autronic SM4 because tuner and I want to see how well the cooling system cope with running max boost on the twin low mount turbo with minimal timing . I was only able to do 3-3.5 laps before oil temp got to 125C :P

Car had crappy old Toyo RA-1 and still has not been lowered properly since the defect clearance. I checked wheel alignment when I got home and it was all over the place. Front height was 360-370mm and rear was 380mm. God know what the toes were doing lol

I was told, I did a 58.5

It has been a while since I drove out there. It would be good to get things sorted and get some more practice with this car without chop and change to please Transport inspector or Lakeside residents :)

not sure how the wing went but 9k should work on his turn 6 apex imo :)

hehe the whole car needs a bit of TLC.

The old brake pads in my AP systems were off. A SS Commodore was able to out brake me on the day :P

I could not pull up on the 5th corner and by the time I got to the 6th the car was all over the place.

Been too busy this year. I will try to get it done after my final exam.

It should be fun next year :)

Sounds like it's time she lives on a trailer mate........

One of my kind mate lend me the 4wd and trailer for the weekend.

Yes so true, if you can't beat them then join them....no point arguing with the police.

I must admit I felt a lot more relax towing the car there than driving it on public road.

May be I am getting older :)

I will be on a lookout for a 4WD this summer. Is there any other hot deal for 4WD atm Marlin?

Edited by 9krpm

How did the wing go 9k?

haha classic. I am at work, getting distracted and misread your question.

The wing works well. It is not pleasant on the eye but makes the car more stable around turn 1 in the past.

I will go back to the factory spoiler in the next few months until my alignment is sorted again and then will reuse it.

sorry mate, I didnt hang around was on the way past so popped in.

I think I might consider plumbing in the screamer to get to lakeside...

anyone know any gossip for superlap style events there? :P

My car shouldnt be too long off but getting married in november so that has been slowing progress on the car a bit. :) Catch up soon guys

And Dan, if the wing works, it works looks dont matter :cool: ps - Have you considered getting a front undertray and rear defuuser to help set up a full aero package? There is some for sale in the business sellers section...

Moving to trailer queen was the best move I ever made btw! :) My daily is a navara. You should sell the s2000 ! :bunny:

Michael

Congrats and all the very best with the wedding prep Michael.

It will be good to see your beast out there again.

Now that I've decided to convert the GTR into a trailer queen, like your, she will undergo some cosmetic enhancements :)

It's been a long time tweaking her for power. It has enough power now, I will try to tweak the suspension next and don't want to use any extra assistance (wings or 4wd controller) until I am happy with the suspension setup. Hence I will go back to the factory wing. The ally wing really works, without it I would have been all over the place last weekend with my crappy alignment + tyres.

Moving to trailer queen was the best move I ever made btw! :bunny: My daily is a navara. You should sell the s2000 ! :P

Nah I still have plans for the s2k. It will get it place when the GTR doesn't use the hoist as much.

With full sound system + full trim + sound deadener everywhere + a 4 points cage it did 59 at QR sprint with the old engine :cool:

The engine is now stroked :)

It will be fun when I have time to remove around 200-300kg out of it.

As long as we won't get another Global Financial Crisis soon, I like to keep both.

I tried to trade in my C32 for a 4wd but could not get what I wanted so I've delayed it until end of year.

Edited by 9krpm

what is the deal with QR sprints and track only cars? I thought it was street rego only cars?

would like to take the 33 out there for sprints and top gear.

Sorry mate, I misread Marlin question regarding the wing and gave him a long winded answer on how I went lol

I was not out there to race. My tuner has been busy so he asked me to take it out there to test how the cooling system cope with 2 bars of boost with conservative timing. I was meant to be there for a couple of laps but had so much fun so hang around for a few more. Car is still registered with full interior and was pretty much how it passed QLD Transport except a slightly more aggressive cam dial, removed passenger seat, race exhaust, catch can and the head light.

Turbo was out of efficiency range, blowing hot air so I only had a few laps before the oil gets to 125C and I had to pit.

You should see some of the "street" cars out there. They had slicks, no interior bar a driver seat, steering wheel and some gauges to let the drivers know that the engines run lol

what is the deal with QR sprints and track only cars? I thought it was street rego only cars?

would like to take the 33 out there for sprints and top gear.

street cars are only in reference to the QR point score.

We often have race spec cars at the street sprints in out Track Attack Days.

Cheers Jeff

That will be great to see Cameron.

Could you let me know when you come out?

The R33 that was there was very clean and nice.

yeah would be good to meet up with others out there, but I won't be able to bring it out till I come back from Japan around mid to late december.

cant wait to get back behind the wheel of it

• 2 months later...

Thread revival!

Anyone else looking forward to next year!

To be honest i only ever do timeattack, but in

2010 i think the saturday afternoon sprints every now and then

will definately be on the cards..

Who else is having a steer from here and what do you drive?