SAU Community

Wgnc34 Holes In Fuel Maps?

lilcrash

Ok now we have a few people in here so I have one simple question. I am an electronics person so installation is of no concern. So what are the average price of some of the diffrent setups and what is the average tuning cost.

Like I said if someone wants to use my car as a tester I'm happy to install everything if the cost is reduced for research purposes

remap + piggyback (safc + sitc) = 240kw at the rears

series 1 auto see Toshi, series 2 auto go nistune

piggybacks are going in a weeks time, in goes the AEM F/IC-8 ...... insane piece of hardware

3 areas of mapping, 22x17 pc maps for air:fuel, ignition timing & injectors.

dropping in the S15 silvia 450cc injectors, they are 20% larger than the 370cc stock injectors.

100% duty cycle sees 240rwkw from 370cc and patched air:fuel, ign.timing via the limited safc/sitc

the 450's will see 260rwkw plus

simply due to the complete 1000 spots for adjustment on the pc in air:fuel, ign.time & injectors

have a research, the best value for money as a ecu with the stagea is the AEM F/IC-8

Im soooo looking forward to the tune on the 8th oct, with my $100 laptop and $50 nissan consult datascan unit/software, free F/IC tune software, I'll be able to road tune

dyno first then some changes to the mapping on the road, the F/IC-8 logs everything so you can replay the drive and touchup "on the fly" after !

is there anywhere in austalia that sells these or is it something that i need to buy from america direct?? and just to be sure this is a piggy back not a stand alone yer??

just out of curiosity are you only going this way because no one in australia can tune haltechs??

The Nistune is not equivalent to the Jaycar DFA. The Jaycar DFA alters the airfuel ratios in the same way that the Apexi SAFC does. But the Nistune is a chip which sits inside the stock ecu and enables most of the important parameters to be adjusted - airfuel ratios, timing, rev limits, max speed (gets rid of the 180km/hr limit) etc - so for less than the price of a DFA and SITC it does more. However it is not available for the S1 and I suspect will not be for some time to come.

Re Duncan's suggestion of the S2 ecu in a S1 - by the time my tuner had finished piggybacking an R32 ecu on my S1 he too was wondering whether it would have been easier to get a s2 loom and ecu. I look forward to seeing someone try it!

cheers mate :domokun:

steven you have a manual and if you planning on chasing more power in the future go for a powerfc, haltech, or one of the plugin versions of the vipec units. nistune is a popular option for the S2 because it retains the auto controls, which you don't need to worry about. the setup tangles is talking about is for a S1 auto which is limited to tuning options.

as for the flat spot have you considered the VVT change over. its around 4500-5000rpm and i'd think the ecu would slightly knock some of the power back for the change over. i thought its was quite common to see the characteristic VVT flat spot on RB25 dyno charts around that rpm? i've noticed that my car pulls harder after about 5000rpm but no really noticeable flat spot. i have turbo back exhaust, filter, and running ~12psi, i don't hit any cuts or R&R.

Edited by QWK32

so where in sa will i find a nistune or will i have to buy on net? also installers/tuners any sugestions for who dose a really good job oh and price? btw sorry if its been mentioned already.

Edited by fat_stag

The Nistune is not equivalent to the Jaycar DFA. The Jaycar DFA alters the airfuel ratios in the same way that the Apexi SAFC does. But the Nistune is a chip which sits inside the stock ecu and enables most of the important parameters to be adjusted - airfuel ratios, timing, rev limits, max speed (gets rid of the 180km/hr limit) etc - so for less than the price of a DFA and SITC it does more. However it is not available for the S1 and I suspect will not be for some time to come.

Re Duncan's suggestion of the S2 ecu in a S1 - by the time my tuner had finished piggybacking an R32 ecu on my S1 he too was wondering whether it would have been easier to get a s2 loom and ecu. I look forward to seeing someone try it!

How come you went R32 over Z32? do you miss the VCT?

steven you have a manual and if you planning on chasing more power in the future go for a powerfc, haltech, or one of the plugin versions of the vipec units. nistune is a popular option for the S2 because it retains the auto controls, which you don't need to worry about. the setup tangles is talking about is for a S1 auto which is limited to tuning options.

as for the flat spot have you considered the VVT change over. its around 4500-5000rpm and i'd think the ecu would slightly knock some of the power back for the change over. i thought its was quite common to see the characteristic VVT flat spot on RB25 dyno charts around that rpm? i've noticed that my car pulls harder after about 5000rpm but no really noticeable flat spot. i have turbo back exhaust, filter, and running ~12psi, i don't hit any cuts or R&R.

NisTune is great because it ( A )- Looks Stock, ( B ) Has stock everything, but can be changed... don't have to worry about knock etc, ECU detects it, it goes into save motor mode... Lift the speed, rev, boost, airflow cuts, do the fuel/timing map, enjoy... and no one is the wiser... I don't see why a PowerFc would be soooo much better...

If I'm going to change ecu it's a simple decision to go with the haltech,They are top notch in all aspects except no one can tune them. Both my celicas had haltechs and I didn't have any issues until I wanted to get a better tune.( in the defence of the people who say they can tune haltechs both engines were something they probably had never seen) I read today that they now make an r32/33 plug in. hopefully will be available for the stag/r34 soon then all the issues would be sorted.

AUSTRALIA - SA

BoostWorx

57 Boothby, Panorama, SA

Contact Shaun on (08) 8299 0621

Shaun has tuned many Nissans using NIStune. He's somewhat of a Skyline man, but also works on CA's, SR's etc.

bstworx [at] bigpond.net.au

Classic Performance Dyno Centre

33 Chapman Rd, Hackham

Contact Ashley on (08) 8384 2899 / 0409 743 219

ashley [at] classicperformance.com.au

www.classicperformance.com.au

Ultimately knowledgeable on Nissan ECU tuning. Very thorough too - you certainly won't end up with a "half tuned" engine if you go to Ashley. He likes 'em all - CA, RB, SR, VG and even does the VH45.

Horse Power In A Box

Unit 6/25 Roxburgh Ave, Lonsdale

Contact Morrie on (08) 8463 0913

info [at] horsepowerinabox.com

http://www.horsepowerinabox.com

Morpowa Auto and Dyno Centre

14 Famechon Crescent, Modbury North, SA

Contact Simon on (08) 8264 2077

simon [at] morpowa.com.au

These guys have a wealth of tuning experience and first class facilities. Peter from PLMS does most of his tuning using their dyno.

Turbo Tune

959 South Road, Melrose Park, SA

Contact Michael on (08) 8297 1030

got these off nistune for SA dealers. anyone had anythin to do with any of these guys? if so how did you find them to deal with.

AUSTRALIA - QLD

EFI Performance

Unit 3/15 Emeri St Stapylton 4207

Contact Rick on (07) 3801 80 75

rick.w [at] efiperformance.com.au

http://www.efiperformance.com.au

East Coast Customs

2/14 Boothby Street, Kedron, QLD

Contact Rob on (07) 3359 5466

info [at] eccustoms.com

http://www.eccustoms.com

Fabians Mechanical

Shed 2, 29 Hyne St, Gympie, QLD

Contact Graham at mech [at ]fabian.net.au

http://www.fabian.net.au

K-Tune

5/8 John Duncan Court, Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast, QLD 4227

Contact Keith on (07) 55221115

http://www.k-tune.com.au

Stu Cornall Tuning Services

48 Old Maryborough Road, Pialba, QLD

Ph 0411 260 656 24hrs 7days

skyline_stu [at] optusnet.com.au

Available to NIStune ALL over Queensland. Extensive Nissan ECU tuning experience

oh yea and these for QLD steven if you decide to go that way in the end and they might be able to help you with anythin else who knows.

NisTune is great because it ( A )- Looks Stock, ( B ) Has stock everything, but can be changed... don't have to worry about knock etc, ECU detects it, it goes into save motor mode... Lift the speed, rev, boost, airflow cuts, do the fuel/timing map, enjoy... and no one is the wiser... I don't see why a PowerFc would be soooo much better...

i didn't say powerfc was so much better, id actually go the haltech or vipec over the powerfc anyway, more tuning options. the advantage the powerfc has over the nistune is that every second person can tune a powerfc, nistune isn't as familiar to tuners, that plus the fact that you need to trust the tuner really knows what he is doing with CB soldering with the nistune. you also have to keep in mind that qld isnt like defectoria, we dont have to worry about epa and having a stock ecu, so we can get away with running full aftermarket ecu. personally i think nistune is awsome, and nistune is the best option for me (S2 auto) so thats what i'll be doing, but with a manual there are better options if your after a more modified setup.

In case of any confusion the Link is the same as the Vipec. I believe one member has a Link (or Vipec) installed in a S2 Stagea successfully running the auto. My theory is that the wire-in version should work on an S1 but having just spent months and not a few dollars getting a chipped R32 ecu piggybacked on to mine i am waiting for someone else to be the guinea pig!