SAU Community

I got to drive my Line today

B-Man

Black33: What they're talking about is revving really high before changing up to 2nd/3rd so when you get it in gear & release the clutch it starts the wheels spinning........

You can do it in pretty much any car in 2nd, but it takes power and a sticky clutch to do 3rds........

FOLKS - BIG NEWS !!!!

I'm on the road !!

After a full day of Blue Slips, RTA, Replacing Front suspension Bushes, waiting for RTA computers to come online.....etc, etc

At least I have plates and Interim Rego - Gotta go to God Dam South bl00dy Penrith for an RTA inspection now.

Well, at least I'm mobile again and able to enjoy the LINE !!!!

For anyone who is importing - This was the worst day of my import process- Everyhting that could have gone wrong did just that !!! If you really want to know the nitty gritty, I can post - but not now. I am too tired, angry, disapointed to be stuffed @!!!

Cheers,

Cheers !!

OK, it's the morning now and I drove my car to work so I am Happier now !!

Here's the saga (*Note there's no blame here, all that happened yesterday was just BAD LUCK )

The Compliance workshop rang me up the day before - to let me know my compliance plate has arrived from Canberra - Cool, I'll be there first thing tomorrow - Shouldn't take to long so , I'll hang around until while it's being done.

Got up early to beat the traffic into Fairfield where the Compliance workshop is (from Harbord) - Today (yesterday) was the day I was getting my Line registered/complied etc.

Got to workshop at 7:45. Workshop guys rocked up at 8:00. Had the compliance plate and Chassis # rivitted to the car by 8:30 - Beauty I thought, this is going well, just gotta get a blue slip , then go down to the RTA to get plates and rego - another hour tops...........(Nah).

Now, because the Compliance Workshop is also a car dealer - The blue slip and unregistered car inspection was done at an RTA authorised inspection station , which happed to be a Service Station with a workshop. Took it down there at about 9.00. Waiting , Waiting, Waiting. Three rego checks go thru before they look at my car, even though I got there first. Finally at 10:00, they started on my car. The bloke said to me - 'these imports go thru easy, nothing much goes wrong with them' - Cool, I thought. So 40 mins later , after they had hoisted the car, checked all the engine, chassis, VIN numbers and identification, did all the standard tests - They put it on this electronic, digital brake and suspension testing machine - They drive it at about 10kph then whack on the brakes and the machine measures for suspension movement etc. The bloke says to me - Your front suspension bushes are gone - He says 90% of skylines have this problem - They are oil filled, and tend to break - ( I thought to myself, OK, why didn't you pick that up when you looked underneath the car) Anyhoo - The bloke said I would have to come back when they are fixed and failed my Bluey. (Great......) I asked him if he could fix them today, as I had come from Harbord and had no lift to get back and I wantd the car registered today. So he made a few calls and got back to me - He said that he could do the job today - will cost $310. So we made a deal that he passed the Bluey based on the fact that he was going to fix the bushes. They gave me the paperwork and told me to go get a greenslip and then go to the RTA to get Rego done. Now, I went back to the compliance workshop 'cause they were organising all the Greenslips and Rego. By this time it's about 11:30. The blokes at the compliance workshop said - sweet, just gotta get the paperwork for these other 3 cars, and we will do everything at once. Usually the workshop can do an online greenslip, but because of all the insurance fuss recently, they can't do this now - So off we trot to Dodgy Joes insurance brokers - Got all the greenslips done - Off to the RTA. Got to the RTA - The bl00dy RTA computers were down - So they told us that would ring back when they are up again. OK, go back to the Inspection workshop to pick up my car. Waiting, Waiting - Finally finished. RTA still hasn't called, so I walked around Fairfield for a bit . 3:00pm they called - All the computers are back online. Cool !! Rock up to the RTA - Sorry Sir, there is a problem with your Blue Slip !! (ahhhhhh). Because the inspection station had written the Blueslip out in my name - not the dealers/compliancers, an additional RTA inpection will be needed - Next available spot is Monday next week in South Penrith - Ahhhhhh - The whole point of going thru the dealer/compliancer is to avoid an RTA inspection - Ahhhh. So I says to the RTA girl - So , can you gimme an interim Registration ???(blinking my eyes at her, using my boyish good looks and charm) - She checks with here supervisor - YEP !!

4:30 - Got out of the RTA with my plates and my interim rego label. Went back to the dealers - Another hour of paperwork, rego transfers, etc - 5:30 I was all done and out of there.

Driving home, my Boss rings up - I say to him 'Sorry I took so long today getting the car done, it was one of those days' - 'That's OK, he said, you can come in now and do some work' So I go into work do 3 hours worth of work. Took an hour to get from Fairfeild to Castle Hill.

At 9:45 I finally got home...........But I am on the road - sort of !!!

/end of saga

Nope, I asked to see the old ones, but the mechanic just said - ' Mate, I didn't take them out, I just put the new ones in.'

I don't remember what they called the bushes, but I can describe them: Not just a rubber bush, More like a control arm with an oil filled bush attached to the end, encased with metal. Like a very large eye bolt with the bush at the end in the circluar bit. ----O