SAU Community

How Do I Remove The Intake Cam Pulley On An Rb25neo?

beRwick_GTRage

your best bet mate would be to use a rattle gun on the bolt , but you will need to hold the pully some how either re-fit the belt and then remove it. or if you think you can hold it wrap a rag around the pully and get one person to hold it and another to work the rattle gun you should get it BUT IT WILL BE VERY TIGHT and may also have loctite on the thead too. you may need to use an extension on the rattle gun to clear the radiator ! good luck mate

Rattle gun? Only if all else fails. Try refitting old belt and jam a piece of timber dowel between the pulley and belt in the pinch point as you turn the cap screw, using a big breaker.

243 Loctite the bolt back in when you reinstall.

Are you doing a pulley or cam upgrade?

When I did mine, I removed the inlet cam cover. The camshaft has a hex shape to be able to hold the shaft from turning with a big shifter. Not too hard to do.

^^^ this is what i'd be doing. to the best of my knowledge, the tolerances are small enough that if you rotate the cam without rotating the crank, you run the risk of hitting your pistons with your valves.