SAU Community

Jdm R35 Key Replacement

magic1

When the car came from Japan, only 1 key was ever supplied. The car is Race/rally only. Nissan Australia will not supply the key or the programing for the key to work. because its not aussie delivered.

Has anyone got any suggestions? ACCC?

do you have the little tag with the number on it? you need that to re-order keys. it's a little alluminium tag that comes with the 2 keys. was your car new when you bought it in japan? it should have come with 2 keys and that little alloy tag. without that tag it's going to be a head fk getting a new key for it.

well if you have the tag with the number on it (nissan JP need it to encode the key correctly) then just buy one from nissan japan using the cars real chassis number. they shouldn't know whether or not the car left japan. and I would be taking all this up with whoever sold/exported the car for you. all 3 R35s I imported had 2 keys and the little tag/plaque for key re-order in case some got lost.

Am I correct in saying you need the r35 consult to code the key to the particular vehicle? ie All the keys are the same ex-factory and are individualised to the particular car via Consult. Nissan dealers won't help you but I do believe there is a Consult or two floating around Oz now in the hands of aftermarket....

not 100% sure, but the guys in japan told me you order the key, and then give the number that is on that plaque to nissan, that number is what they need to code it to your car. so you don't need the physical car to do it, just that code.

Am I correct in saying you need the r35 consult to code the key to the particular vehicle? ie All the keys are the same ex-factory and are individualised to the particular car via Consult. Nissan dealers won't help you but I do believe there is a Consult or two floating around Oz now in the hands of aftermarket....

Beer Baron thank you for your help, do you have a nissan dealer in japan that can help.

From what i know the car need to have the consult equipment hooked up to the car to tell it to look for a new key.

Does anone in perth have a consult machine or will the cobb tuning port be able to do this?

tris

34s are completely different. R35s have a siemens prox key. no physical key. most 34 GTRs you just get a key cut same as any other car. the only difference is some have the immobiliser chip in the key (look for a red bit on the shoulder of the key) which links up with a reader in the ignition barrel area. it's a basic proximity based immobiliser. in that case you need the new immobiliser chip too. some also had dealer option alarms, but the keys are just normal keys.

anyway back to R35s and the guy with the problem, seriously the best guy to talk to is the guy that sold you the car. either the aussie agent, or the japanese exporter, or even the japanese dealer if you bought it new. that is your best hope of sorting it out. and no an access port most likely wont be able to sync up a new key. it only does some basic stuff like error code resets etc. not the advanced things that consult does. and no I don't know anyone in perth with one.

just to reiterate, seriously, speak to the bloke that sold you/exported to you the car.

Beer Baron,

thank you very much.

You right, the key needs a consult port but also a key code that is supplied by nissan to unlock the 'looking for key function of the car)

also if a nissan dealer is found to have worked on an import they will lose their rights to sell and service the gtr.

so we are stuffed at this point.

ta

the small tag is an international lock smith code.....You can read those numbers/letter to a lock smith over the phone and he can cut it and roll up and un lock the car........i have a key cloner here id like to shove an R35 key in it and see what it says....ive managed to clone the R34 GTR siemens keys....next step from that is to have a sniff around inside the immobiliser box......im sure something can be done (as long as its not a rolling code) as we have managed to flash and rewrite the all the japanese brand motorcycle ecu's for lost keys

Beer Baron thank you for your help, do you have a nissan dealer in japan that can help.

From what i know the car need to have the consult equipment hooked up to the car to tell it to look for a new key.

Does anone in perth have a consult machine or will the cobb tuning port be able to do this?

tris

Try Steve Jones @ Fabcar in Vic Park ,he has a jdm r35(won targa west twice in it )he might be able to help you out

^^^Think you will find him at LF Performance now but I would try Ant @ XSpeed as I beleive he does all the tuning for the car(s).

damn i thought he and his family owned fabcar

i personally wouldnt go near xspeed after probs i had there a few years ago with my 32 r

Edited by gazza750

Try Steve Jones @ Fabcar in Vic Park ,he has a jdm r35(won targa west twice in it )he might be able to help you out

i will not be speaking to steve, he has had 20 months to supply the second key

^^^Think you will find him at LF Performance now but I would try Ant @ XSpeed as I beleive he does all the tuning for the car(s).

hanson has the same issue with his 35 skyline

damn i thought he and his family owned fabcar

i personally wouldnt go near xspeed after probs i had there a few years ago with my 32 r

I would not go near them either, i hear you.

My JDM came with 2 keys and just checked it had the little silver tag with the code number on it too. The people who you got the car off would of recieved 2 keys, if they don't have it, someone must of lost it or thrown it away. Try that first, the 2nd key for me had the tag on it's keyring.

Don't know anything about keys for these things though, if you need a consult three to plug it into (aftermarket in oz) and you can't find one let me know I know of a place in QLD that have one, that might be willing to help.

Message me if you need that contact. I check the boards once a week though lately.

tristan,

i spoke to brad about it last night... he said they are the same as the maxima keys, asked if he could do it and he said yes using consult 3 but he talked to someone about doing it last week and there is no way in hell they are allowed to do it!

thats coming from a nissan dealer that isn't even a GTR dealer