SAU Community

Offset And Lowering

FJ20DR30

Hey people with aftermarket wheels what offset wheels do you have? +25,+0+17 etc

Im thinking ill put on +17 wheels has anyone got pics of a car with +17 offset wheels on it? I just want to know if they will sit just inside or level with the guard?

Also with lowering does anyone make superlows for r30s? rang burson and king can only do low. I want lower than that..

Cheers

Marc

Kings make lows, and any lower than that is just asking for trouble...

get custom coilovers made so you can atleast have height adjustment

the super lows would be a stop gap only, ill try to get another

Set of S13 coilovers for this car as iv done with my car in NZ its far cheaper than making them

Also low springs are not low enough!! Lol sorry but you guys don’t lower your cars

here enough! I want it sitting NZ low or Japan

low like this (im aware it will need a sump gaurd)

1197814861.jpg

And that brings me to wheel offset will +17 offset wheels be ok? this is the most important question

Your a ledgend mate yeah they should be just fine the wheels iv got ar 17x8 +15(sorry) so they should look almost the same as yours do im guessing i dont really know on offsets how exactly they work

Your a ledgend mate yeah they should be just fine the wheels iv got ar 17x8 +15(sorry) so they should look almost the same as yours do im guessing i dont really know on offsets how exactly they work

The outside of your wheels will sit 12 to 13mm further in than those shown in the pic.

Hey HR31_RB20DET

Seen your car on R31 forums and think it's one of the nicest I've seen.

Are those wheels Rota RB's in 17" ?

Where did you buy them as they'd look great on my DR30.

The outside of your wheels will sit 12 to 13mm further in than those shown in the pic.

Weird ?

how can that be if the standard offset is +25? standard wheels dont sit 21 mm closer than those r31 wheels do, do they?

well i can space them if i have to or want a wider look

Hey HR31_RB20DET

Seen your car on R31 forums and think it's one of the nicest I've seen.

Are those wheels Rota RB's in 17" ?

Where did you buy them as they'd look great on my DR30.

Thanks, yeah they are the Rota RB's. I bought them in a group buy off the 31 forum, not sure if the group buy is still an on going thing. Maybe try sending Fatz a PM as he gets them through Otomoto at a cheaper price.

Link to the original group buy: Rota Group Buy

You may want to study how wheel offsets work otherwise it could be hit and miss. There good info out there... even calculators to make the process a little easier.

An 8 wide and 8.5 wide wheel will sit at different distances even if the offset is the same.

Weird ?

how can that be if the standard offset is +25? standard wheels dont sit 21 mm closer than those r31 wheels do, do they?

well i can space them if i have to or want a wider look

your wheels are +15 while the ones in the pic are +4.

This mearns they will sit 11 mm inwards,then your wheels are 12.7mm narrower that the RB's so the outside edge of your wheels will sit in half of that equaling total 17mm further in (sorry my maths were off a little this morning)

You may want to study how wheel offsets work otherwise it could be hit and miss. There good info out there... even calculators to make the process a little easier.

An 8 wide and 8.5 wide wheel will sit at different distances even if the offset is the same.

I did a quick search, and found this one, it has pictures that move with the changes, it may make it easier to see what you want.

http://www.morfed.net/wheel-offset-calculator/

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp <---This one looks good.

this may also be useful, if you wanting to change rim sizes, but keep the same speedo reading

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Nigel

Edited by noddle

your wheels are +15 while the ones in the pic are +4.

This mearns they will sit 11 mm inwards,then your wheels are 12.7mm narrower that the RB's so the outside edge of your wheels will sit in half of that equaling total 17mm further in (sorry my maths were off a little this morning)

huh? im talking about the cars factory wheels being + 25 offset, compared to the +4 offsets.

thus meaning the factory wheels are 21mm inside! plus the factory wheels will only be 6"ish wide so there for being close to 4cm inside what those plus 4 offsets are! thats just alot! i cant seeing there be that sort of difference, and those +4 wheels still sit inside the gaurds its not like they look wide they just look normal with a nice dish.

does that make sense?

huh? im talking about the cars factory wheels being + 25 offset, compared to the +4 offsets.

thus meaning the factory wheels are 21mm inside! plus the factory wheels will only be 6"ish wide so there for being close to 4cm inside what those plus 4 offsets are! thats just alot! i cant seeing there be that sort of difference, and those +4 wheels still sit inside the gaurds its not like they look wide they just look normal with a nice dish.

does that make sense?

Actually the front rims sit outside of the guard slightly, If I had no camber front and rear they would hit the guards, fronts running around 1.5 degrees camber and the rear has 3 degrees.

Pic without tyres fitted.

IMG_0909Medium.jpg

A comparison pic, same height and camber with 17x7 +20 all round,

DSC_0076_800.jpg

Actually the front rims sit outside of the guard slightly, If I had no camber front and rear they would hit the guards, fronts running around 1.5 degrees camber and the rear has 3 degrees.

Pic without tyres fitted.

IMG_0909Medium.jpg

A comparison pic, same height and camber with 17x7 +20 all round,

DSC_0076_800.jpg

Good info !

I wouldn't even bother with any of the Aus/NZ brands like Cobra or King, Japan is the best place to go if you want lowering springs for a DR that are to your tastes... but be warned you may end up shortening your shocks in the process.

as for offset I run 15x7 +15 on the rear and 15x6.5 +20 up front, however due to the style of rim (reverse mesh) I've had to space the fronts by 5mm to clear the brakes. Tyres are also a bit on the 'balloon' side being 215/60 rear and 205/60 front.

here's mine on its "low" Japanese springs, I could have gone lower but why sacrifice ride comfort and bash the sump every time you go out for a drive?

2810578468_7db7c76c5e.jpg

Cool cheers

how ever ill upgrade the car to coil overs (s13 for the ride height in the time being ill cut them if they are progresive its no loss, also im getting a set of these what do you guys think?

wheel_29.jpg

anyway they are good offset and i can get them new for cheap