SAU Community

Wierd Noises Help!

MUZT3K

hey guys, on the way home just then i was giving it abit of stick, and then it started making noises and was struggling to reach high rpm so every time i tryed to reach rpm and making a struggling sound...current mod fmic and just got boost controller today, i didnt check the engine bay to look for loose pipping because its too dark. but im paranoid now..any ideas?

hey guys, on the way home just then i was giving it abit of stick, and then it started making noises and was struggling to reach high rpm so every time i tryed to reach rpm and making a struggling sound...current mod fmic and just got boost controller today, i didnt check the engine bay to look for loose pipping because its too dark. but im paranoid now..any ideas?

struggling sound?????? more info, check ur pipes, boost control hoses, remove controller, start from there, new cooler second hand, new cooler or second hand

just had alook at the engine bay seems fine, no pipes out. yer when i give it to it, it struggles to hit high revs. when i got it in hi boost it does it bad, but when i got it on off mode just a minor bit. wouldnt be coz i got stock ecu?

just had alook at the engine bay seems fine, no pipes out. yer when i give it to it, it struggles to hit high revs. when i got it in hi boost it does it bad, but when i got it on off mode just a minor bit. wouldnt be coz i got stock ecu?

Did you read what I posted? Also, how much boost are you running?

Is it coming into boost at all? and if so does it happen at the same time?

Some times piping might be slack an only when boosting it may push out and start to leak and then fall back into place and look normal.....so check all piping thoroughly.

it only happens when i hit high boost, i read a few threads with similar problems and it results in coilpacks, but i dont want to buy them unless im 99% sure :S. by the way if you have faulty coil packs does that mean you get less km's from a tank? because ive been getting less km's recently

question guys, insted of making a new thread i thought id ask here. ive pretty much come to the conclusion my coil packs are on there way out. now im abit short on cash so i was thinking is it worth getting brand new nissan coil packs from justjap or should i save for yellow jackets. would the stock nissan coil packs handle my mods?

take it to a proffesionall

Sighh............ :laugh:

There are a couple wonderful tutorials in the DIY section about fixing coil packs yourself. Lowering the gap is a good idea too (on new plugs). Don't bother spending hundereds of $ until you have exhausted your $free.99 options first. DIY section. Search.

before you go looking at coils, pull your plugs out and see what gap they are and what condition they are in. if they are 1.1mm plugs and have been in there for quite a while they may have worn and the gap may be bigger than 1.1mm so just putting new plugs in will solve the problem and only cost you about $30.