SAU Community

R34 Gcg-hi Flow Good Condition.

hey guys up for sale is my gcg hi flow (op6 rear) turbo.

it is in good condition, came off my car only because i have gone for a high mount setup.

my car made 269.9rwkw on 16psi with this turbo so its great for a quick street setup.

item located in northern suburbs of melbourne.

can send interstate at buyers expense.

sms or pm me: BASET 0431537750

want $950ono

how responsive is it compared to the stock turbo ? do you have any dyno graphs of it? and what other mods did you have to achieve 270rwkw? That seems a bit high for a hi flow. Yes I'm interested but I've heard these buggers can be a lot laggier than the stockies and I'm after response for a daily not top end power

decim8 - please, there is no need to put your 2 cents in my thread, im just going by what the dyno sheet said, so please do not post in my thread.

wacky dee - it had the gcg turbo on 16psi, front mount cooler, 1 piece dump to cat, catco metal cat, not sure exactly on size and brand of exhaust as that was from previous owner, gfb bleeder valve

isc radiator, jim berry full monty clutch, fully rebuilt gearbox, apexi pod filter, z32 afm, nistune board, tuned by trent at status and hears the dyno printout:

basetr34dyno.jpg

i have another 3 printouts from when trent tuned it, 1 for torque, 1 for manifold pressure, and one compared to a hypergear on an r33 with similar mods.

will get them 2moro as i have to look for them.

also have dyno sheet from another workshop prior to when it got tuned/nistune/z32 and on 12psi.

tufr34 - as above, and yes it is the standard been hi flowed from gcg, yes im slightly negotiable.

linedup33 - jono, sorry for the late reply mate, must have just missed ur pm during lunch at work. have sent you an email :banana:

also guys its best to sms me during the day if you want quick answers.

regards,

Baset.

best upgrade for an R34. i have a similar setup to warlord but with 500cc injectors trent has kept it at a safe tune tof 247rwkw but with bigger injectors have been advised can run close to 260rwkw on a nice safe tune.

from my experiance (not sure bout you warlord) mine is a little laggy but at 3000rpm it just hits nd goes of its nuts.

and thats also a very good price. planning on upgrading my turbo early next year.

warlord can you pm me with what your replacing your turbo with??? be good to know what my options are.

gluck with the sale mate.

best upgrade for an R34. i have a similar setup to warlord but with 500cc injectors trent has kept it at a safe tune tof 247rwkw but with bigger injectors have been advised can run close to 260rwkw on a nice safe tune.

from my experiance (not sure bout you warlord) mine is a little laggy but at 3000rpm it just hits nd goes of its nuts.

and thats also a very good price. planning on upgrading my turbo early next year.

warlord can you pm me with what your replacing your turbo with??? be good to know what my options are.

gluck with the sale mate.

pm sent

all other pm's replied.

These are far from laggy, i had exactly the same on my 25 and yeah of course they are going to be slower to build boost than stock turbo but so is anything that makes decent power. But i would never call it 'laggy'. Anyone who does needs to try putting a gt30 on :D This is in my opinion one of the best comprimises between power, response and cost ($) for a street driven skyline. Im even considering buying it as it was so perfect on my car but no cash till end of the year ;)

I run the same turbo on the same engine, but in a stagea. If it's going to be laggy in anything, it should be that :thumbsup:

The stock turbo is a ceramic-turbine job, which is fantastic for early spool. But everything that runs big boost seems to use steel blades, and there must be a reason; that means it has to spool a bit later than stock no matter what turbo it is (unless it's smaller I guess?). But with exhaust, a decent electronic boost controller (I use the jaycar IEBC) and a tune, I don't find it laggy at all. As SK said somewhere, looking at the dyno charts, there is more power everywhere than with the stock turbo.

That's a damn good price; my turbo cost me ~$1,800 to get high-flowed.

Edit: ashneel do you have an FPR? are 500cc injectors really a limiting factor at that power level? The stock ones are only 370cc and some guys making over 220kw with those...?

Edited by DaveB

thanks matt.

all pm's replied to.

just gonna go look for the rest of the dyno sheets as some1 has requested.

EDIT: JUST FOUND THE OTHER 2 DYNO SHEETS

THIS ONE IS COMPARED TO A HI FLOW FROM HYPERGEAR

basetsr34dyno.jpg

AND THIS IS MANIFOLD PRESSURE

basetr34dyno2.jpg

Edited by WARLORD BAS

Edit: ashneel do you have an FPR? are 500cc injectors really a limiting factor at that power level? The stock ones are only 370cc and some guys making over 220kw with those...?

running stock FPR man. with stock injectors i was making 230rwkw but with a fair bit of pinging and maxing out the injectors. the 500cc injectors fixed that but didnt wanna max them out so to keep it all safe its been tuned to 247rwkw.

what's the deal with the torque figures ..is that normal to be up that high witha hiflow ??? stock gtt should have about 340nM at 3200rpm yet you get 340 at about 4200rpm

edit: maybe I should check my facts first .. above is according to 'specs' but looking at my own dyno sheet (stock turbo) it shows 280nm at 3200rpm and 310 at 4200rpm but yeah yours is still less at 3200rpm