SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lockleys center was all mortgages wasn't it? What did your dad do exactly if you don't mind me asking

Just asked him and apparently he only worked at Lockleys, he was going to move to Bedford Park but he left for another bank.

In relation to the work, I think it was mostly call centre stuff, probably in mortgages. He left some time ago so I can't be exactly sure.

anyone here good with electronics and know much about LEDs

tryin to work out how u compare the brightness of LEDs to incandescent globes. im making my own LED tail light replacements for the 4WD (not ricey altezza styles, basically removing the incandescent globe and having a panel of LEDs behind the factory lenses).

Using those LED Globes u can buy off the shelf is useless, they dont reflect right and are dull in my fittings. Want something that is bright in the day, but not stupid bright at night. The fittings im making will be more waterproof than my standard lights too :)

Matty the LCD works in MCD's which compares to the light colour spectrum. you also need to take into account the light spread , which is very focused on most LED's compared to a normal globe which is why they can look like a hotspot

the newer flat mount LED's are brighter and disperse light much better.cost a lot more though.

voltage on most LED's is not 12volts, you need a resistor to use them, OHM law comes into play depending on how many you use, LED's don't like forward overcurrent and will blow if they see too much. and on some Nissans and other cars the light globe curcuit senses a blown globe and when you put in LED's it flashes on all the time unless you compensate for the lost resistance .

take a look at this site, might give you an idea

http://www.gizmology.net/LEDs.htm

to buy LED's here cost too much, order from China, way cheaper , 20 bucks buys a huge bag full with resistors

I can help you but to create a panel of LED's to look decent can take a lot of trial and error.

They look familiar...looks tuff 10mm bolt on will fix that

I like it with GTR wheels , gives it the updated look without going obnoxiously over the top anyway

looks like its already so wide it flicks muddy water down the door..lol

huge cheap ass spacers = fail

The engine light on my R34 has come on, it has come on before but normally goes off within 5 minutes but not this time, has been on for a few days. any idea what the problem might be? or should i go and get a diagnostic done? if so where would be a good place to go?

The engine light on my R34 has come on, it has come on before but normally goes off within 5 minutes but not this time, has been on for a few days. any idea what the problem might be? or should i go and get a diagnostic done? if so where would be a good place to go?

Nissan?

Or someone with a consult cable.

Doesn't that normally mean the timing is stuffed or it's 'pinging'? Or is that only if you have a PowerFC plugged in?

Or I might be completely wrong altogether.

Yep I can diagnose without seeing the car - there are only about 120 or so errors that can make your check engine light come on ;)

/sarcasm

Yep I can diagnose without seeing the car - there are only about 120 or so errors that can make your check engine light come on :down:

/sarcasm

only 120? i thought you were good enough to know exactly which one haha ;)

ive got it booked in tomorrow, hopefully its nothing to serious

only 120? i thought you were good enough to know exactly which one haha :)

ive got it booked in tomorrow, hopefully its nothing to serious

Haha yeah hopefully it is nothing. Have you checked ALL of your fluid levels - sometimes it is something that simple. My cas plug used to also come unplugged a little bit on my R34 which would throw an error code that would come and go - maybe give yours a wiggle and see if it is loose at all? Good luck with it, anyhow!