SAU Community

R34 Gtr - Bayside Blue, Number Plates "possum" - Hills District

KR4-GTR

Hey guys and girls,

Anyone know any history of the bayside blue vspec GTR - number plates "POSSUM"?

Its one of a few i'm going to check out over the next few days.

I remember seeing it driven around the hills district previously by an older lady.

Any info would be appreciated!

Cheers all!

Chris.

Edited by KR4-GTR

The only Info that i have on it is exactly what you know, it looks awesome and it does indeed get driven by an old lady!!, never seen it driven by anyone else and i see it quite a bit at towers - i would hope and imagine that this GTR would be an absolute steal because of the stereotyping fact that i doubt this lady goes on track or thrashes it that much, but in saying that....she does own a R34 GTR so anything is possible, she could be an absolute driving fiend for all we know!!

Good Luck in the Search dude :D

I used to mow the owners lawn....car was bought from melbourne about 3-4 years ago...his wife drove it as a daily dont think it had any mods done to it...seemed to be a very tidy gtr... they previously had a 33 gtr with those possum plates and the son drives a 34 gtt so they seem to be about their skylines...

Cheers for the info guys!

Will have to check the car out from a mods perspective. I spoke with their mechanic - it blew the bottom end bearing about a year ago and had the motor rebuilt - not sure what else has been done since. He said it will still need a bit of work though.

Nick - car has not been tuned since the rebuild, so that makes sense. How did you know it was running rich? saw it puffing smoke?

Edited by KR4-GTR

The only Info that i have on it is exactly what you know, it looks awesome and it does indeed get driven by an old lady!!, never seen it driven by anyone else and i see it quite a bit at towers - i would hope and imagine that this GTR would be an absolute steal because of the stereotyping fact that i doubt this lady goes on track or thrashes it that much...

...unless she's from Pasadena :whistling:

I always see her at my work, very nice car

apparently shes a laywer or something like that

car roars like crazy, i was going in the opposite direction to it up a long road and the car was screaming up the road, insane for just the apexi N1 zorst, sounded like and F1 car

last time i saw it (1 month ago) the front bar was coming off and the rear diffuser was falling off but may have been fixed since then

car appears to be a daily driver as i always see it at the gym, beecroft station, dural flower power and school etc etc

Edited by skyline17

I've seen it around. Someone put a vspec 2 sticker on it but its just a standard vspec. Looks really dumb if you ask me.

From what i've seen and heard, the car needs quite a bit of love to restore it to its former glory.

Edited by c-gtst

Yeah ive just seen the older woman driving it around the hills as a daily. Does have abit of smoke around the back near the exhaust.

And black widow, which RB engine have you ever seen that doesn't run rich???? lol

Looks asif the daily driver GTR may infact have a secretive track life by the owners son, and if the Owner and the sun both have skylines, the father/husband would have definately have put them into the skyline seats first.

I smell a bit of a thrashed car (engine rebuild), but if the engine was done properly only a year ago it should be in decent shape atm.

Give it a check yourself, compression test if you think it warrents one, your gut instinct in buying used cars is usually your best friend.

I used to mow the owners lawn....car was bought from melbourne about 3-4 years ago...his wife drove it as a daily dont think it had any mods done to it...seemed to be a very tidy gtr... they previously had a 33 gtr with those possum plates and the son drives a 34 gtt so they seem to be about their skylines...

Spot on.. one of my mates here at work is good friends with her son whom also drives a gtt as Ganty said she used to own a R33 GTR years back

ive been working here castle hill for about 9 years and ive seen her driving round a fair few times

Edited by Hiroshima Screamer

^ It doesnt wear those plates anymore! haha

Anyway, checked out the car today, doesnt look like its the one for me.

However - if any of you guys have $55k ready to go, and another 10k handy to give it the love it will definately require over the next 6 - 12 months, its a great project car.

Anyway, cheers for all the info and direction with this one guys, time for me to keep searching! :D

Edited by KR4-GTR

Eugene - it looks like you must have found the car ad? lol :( I guess you could say the engine covers are a preview of what to expect with the rest of the car.

But please dont post any direct links to the ad as i dont want to destroy the sellers chances of selling the car. She's pretty cool, and i dont think it was her who gave the car the thrashing.

On a side note, I think the poor lady still believes its a vspec II because of the sticker. I feel sorry for her and felt like a prick having to be the one to tell her that its not. :D

Edited by KR4-GTR

Sup there mate~ I need a bit of a help. If you really drive an r34 gtr, and have your stock front bumper just measure the height and width of the two vents below the turn lights. If you didn't get what I mean these two are beside the intercooler vents.

>[__]< |_Intercooler_|> [__] < These :(:D

Thanks dont forget