SAU Community

Quick Question Lower Intake Manifold

TriniGT

I'm pretty sure RB25DET and DE are different. DE uses top feed injectors etc. As far as bolt up config, not entirely sure.

I've never seen a 20DE Neo but I know they exist. Not sure how different if at all

We have a bit of the Neo RB20DEs so I wanna compare as the Neo RB25DET I had got cut and the RB26 end adapted to itbut now I am looking at a cheap option of making an adapter plate on the RB25DET Neo cooling setup to adapt the throttles to. So just need a confirmation really.

I thought the DE use 270cc sidefeeds?

(happy to defer to your greater knowledge)

lol

Nah mate, I could be wrong also. I know the guys in NZ - RIPS use the RB25DE heads and manifold because they have the top feed injectors. Not sure on exact CC though.

If you really need to know for certain, ring RIPS in NZ, they will definitely know the answer straight away.

We have a bit of the Neo RB20DEs so I wanna compare as the Neo RB25DET I had got cut and the RB26 end adapted to itbut now I am looking at a cheap option of making an adapter plate on the RB25DET Neo cooling setup to adapt the throttles to. So just need a confirmation really.

PM Shanef to get an adaptor plate made up. He's got nothing to do these days as he's a dole bludger now so I'm sure he'd be happy to run around and find out the different patterns for you

I think the thing to confirm is which "RB25DE" you are talking about as in R32 or R33 . For some reason I always thought that R33 RB25's were side feed injectors though not 100% certain about the non turbo one . Obviously the R33 RB26 was top feed .

Cheers A .

Actually yes, you are right. R33 RB25DE is sidefeed and R32 RB25DE is top feed.

But are you trying to work out differences in general or differences in where it bolts to the head only?

Strangely enough the holes on the runners are slightly different between series I and II R33. I had to drill the holes slightly bigger on my chromed runners (which was a spare series 1 set) when i went to fit it to my Plazmaman plenum.

Edited by PM-R33

PM Shanef to get an adaptor plate made up. He's got nothing to do these days as he's a dole bludger now so I'm sure he'd be happy to run around and find out the different patterns for you

The pro's of shoulder surgery and medical certificates. Whats your excuse for sitting on your ass all day?

And yes, i have made these plates before

post-20917-1255958918_thumb.jpg

post-20917-1255958940_thumb.jpg

post-20917-1255958961_thumb.jpg

The pro's of shoulder surgery and medical certificates. Whats your excuse for sitting on your ass all day?

And yes, i have made these plates before

post-20917-1255958918_thumb.jpg

post-20917-1255958940_thumb.jpg

post-20917-1255958961_thumb.jpg

Oh ok, I'll explain then. Reasons why I would be sitting at any given time during the day:

1. Answering and email

2. Having lunch

3. Sitting at the workbench fixing your messy...no make that, dodgey wiring.

4. Sitting in the passenger seat of a car trying to get a short shifter out that you put in with a hammer and broke

5. Driving to your house to fix a mistake you have made

6. Sitting on the toilet pumping out something that resembles your face

7. Answering the phone

Please don't hesitate to ask for clarification on any of the points above or if you would like me to add to it. Either that or you could mind your own business and accept the fact that I am trying to throw work your way.

Oh and TriniGT, Shane does a pretty good job on the billet stuff. Competitively priced and local also so good for information if you have problems installing yourself.

So in essence it will be the RB26 entire intake side plus a 2" spacer right. Will have to check for clearancing but I think I should be alright on an ER34. Also, is it possible to use my stock top feed high impedance injectors or will I have to swap to top feed low impedance RB26 injectors with an RB26 rail and resistor? Not that it is a problem anyway as I have some 550CC already.

So in essence it will be the RB26 entire intake side plus a 2" spacer right. Will have to check for clearancing but I think I should be alright on an ER34. Also, is it possible to use my stock top feed high impedance injectors or will I have to swap to top feed low impedance RB26 injectors with an RB26 rail and resistor? Not that it is a problem anyway as I have some 550CC already.

The plates are 12mm thick so combined your looking at a spacing of 24mm. I highly doubt this will be enough to caus you any clearancing issues.

If the bolt pattern and injector spacing is the same between the rb26 plenum and er34 plenum then they will fit, however i don't know the exact answer to this question.