SAU Community

Wrx My06 Vs R33 Gtr Vspec

ash_29

Hey guys,

Need a quick show of hands, and yes i know this is probably the wrong place to ask but meh!

Pay a little bit more for a my06 wrx with stage one mods and a flashed ecu, or a r33 gtr vspec with n1 -7 turbos for a few grand less???

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRXs are for girls, or dudes who like dudes, that live NoR. Its quiet possibly the gayest piece of shit with 4 wheels on Australian Roads.

What the hell is "stage 1" mods ? too much Need For Speed buddy.

Beyond all that, its pretty obvious the Skyline GTR will give you shitloads more power, 2 more cylinders so you can be a real man, and hey, its cheaper.

Silly question mate :(

Coming from a guy who owns a GTR and who has driven a few WRX's ? GTR all the way mate.

Just the way a GTR drives vs a WRX, the fact that the GTR is still older, yet it is LIGHTYEARS ahead speaks for itself. WRX (unless STI?) is fixed in all wheel drive mode all the time, whereas the GTR torque splits. WRX's are prone to understeer whereas GTR's even though they are AWD, they still give you oversteer.

Know which trait I would rather :(

Also, RB26DETT motor... seriously :P **drool** Love it.

LOL looking for an objective answer on a Skyline forum! :(

Seriously for me WRX's are for a certain 'type' if you know what I mean? Back in the UK that means a taste for Burberry and pit bulls.

They are good cars and a street 'pocket rocket' but I'd rather have a skyline.

Also the new WRX is seriously ghey even if it is mechanically a good car with a decent AWD system.

EVO's are stronger and more reliable.

This is about the same as asking you mates what you think of your girlfriend. You are the one putting up with it every day. Drive each and do whats right for you.

But if it really doesn't speak to you the truth is the GTR is more fun. The only reason you would go another way is if you'd had enough of that type of driving and wanted something else.

hahah too much need 4 speed funny, well it has a flashed ecu, turboback exhaust, greddy ebc, high flow panel filter, turbosmart BOV... pretty much everything other than changing the turbo and injectors.

Ive owned neither and yeh i know it will be a biased opinion coming from this forum but hey at least im getting some laughs

On an unbiased level (seeing as I drive something better than both, combined), the WRX is a "scene" at the moment, too many little racer boy fags who cant barely see over the steering wheel around, all they do is make noise, I really don't see the hype, they're not quick.

Personally, I dislike R33s the most out of all the later model Skylines (R32 onwards), the GTR being the only R33 I'll let off the hook....cause its a GTR...you know.

Depends what you're after - you could probably get laid quicker by some gullible under age slapper in a WRX, you'll probably get laid and not catch AIDS if you get the GTR, make sense?

90% of wrxs are slow.. owned by 15yo's and 40yo's, they all look the same and sound the same.

one thing i reallllly dont get with wrx's is how ridiculous the prices are! even for a shit 1996 wrx some P plater would want 15k when then engine has 240,000ks!? please explain

..(id take an r33 gtr with a wound back clock anyday)

p.s if u buy a wrx ill sell u my hks ssqv so u can stand out of the crowd

Edited by Char

Depends what you're after - you could probably get laid quicker by some gullible under age slapper in a WRX, you'll probably get laid and not catch AIDS if you get the GTR, make sense?

I donno... neither will get you anything... well, not the ones that won't get you in trouble later on for underage child harressment charges...

Also WRXs are ulgy.