SAU Community

Wheel Lock Nuts/lugs

JET-R33

Anyone out there managed to find lock nuts for Volk GTC wheels? I'm having lots of trouble finding a set. I've checked with the usual sponsors and have scanned ebay etc for days with no luck. Surely people out there with GTC's have lock nuts!!??

I use McGard lock nut and would recommand them. I got the splinedrive nut + lock nut as they both require the special "key" to undo them. They are available on eBay.

LugCone.jpg

LockTuner_spline.jpg

Locknut

Not sure if they will fit the volk, but here is a thread that seems to confirm they will

http://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-tires/2...c-lug-nuts.html

The only down side is that its better you tighten those by hand since the lock nut will strip (the key part) if rattle gun is being used constantly.

Edited by __PhaseShiftDown

Obtained a whole set of RAYS nuts in a set from Just Jap = 4 lock nuts (& socket) with 16 matching wheel nuts. 'Derrr

Because of its compound (& very light weight), you just need to not exceed 108Nm on torque wrench. Never use a ratchet gun on them either (no matter what setting). This is good to keep in mind should you lay your hands on a used set.

Thanks Terry - I'm trying to avoid the need to buy a set of 20 nuts just for the 4 lock nuts I require - but if I have no luck sourcing the lock nuts on their own, I might need to look at buying the complete set...

• 4 months later...

Bringing up an old thread i know, but did you end up getting some? Reason i ask i just found a set in one of the boxes to my wheels, fully forgot i had them lol. Let me know if your still chasing them, if not ill chuck them on ebay or something.