SAU Community

Superlap 2010 Ramblings

Bozman1

at least he ausi guys will look good for the first 10 laps on thursday before the paid driver work out how to drive the track

either way im throwing bottles at every evo i see... including the ones on the train ride to the track

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am curious to hear more about the XR6 Turbo. I assume it wil be lighter then a V8 Supercar, handle as good as a V8 Supercar, have more power then a V8 Supercar. I assume they will be going from the 17" tyres the V8s have to run and will go 18s, then question will be will they be able to get wide enough and sticky enough rubber under it.

Just quietly, if it has a good steerer i think the barge could be a bit of a surprise packet .

been in a v8 supercar round eastern creek with full race slicks.... great, but not that great.. a well sorted evo could do it up..

if the xr6 had more power and less weight... thats great, but if it has less traciton then thsat not so great.

eithber way noonbe really cares who wins the fastest time... im only going to see and hear the cars scream around the track. and the xr6 is not someoint i want to see or hear scream arou bnd the track.

And without all the data logging, big fuel tank., copoous amounts of oil coolers, steel doors and panels etc. I am thinking with smaller fuel cell, carbon doors and lexan windows, carbon bonnet and removal of all the data logging anf diff/gearbox coolers, they would be able to pull another 50kgs from the thing. If punted properly it will be funny to see a taxi in the mix :devil: (funny = AWESOME!)

Dont they lap EC at around 1:30. So with big enough semis and less weight, over a single lap the XR6 (turbo Supercar) should be in the hunt

The lap record for a V8 Supercar round Eastern Creek is 1:31.7301 ...

http://www.eastern-creek-raceway.com/lap_records.htm

Will be interesting to see how quick it'll be on the tyres used for Superlap.

- Adam

The EC website is out of date. Before i posted up I had a quick look at Natsoft and it shows that they have gone quicker then last 11 years, though not sure it its tenths or a second, but in 2005 or whatever Kelly was quicker. Either way, i suppose the time isnt as important as to just hwo crappy are the control Supercar slicks?

The lap record for a V8 Supercar round Eastern Creek is 1:31.7301 ...
The EC website is out of date. Before i posted up I had a quick look at Natsoft and it shows that they have gone quicker then last 11 years, though not sure it its tenths or a second, but in 2005 or whatever Kelly was quicker.

Yeah in qualifying (closest parallel to superlap) they run in the 29s. And this car has every right to be faster with the extra mods allowed. Most importantly of all they should have access to years of data about the track, compared to most other competitors who have only had a few practice days there, or none at all.

Would be great to see local engineering stick it up the whole world :)

Either way, i suppose the time isnt as important as to just hwo crappy are the control Supercar slicks?
Will be interesting to see how quick it'll be on the tyres used for Superlap.

- Adam

My guess is that soft semis in the same width will not be any slower than dunlops control slick. Dunlop have no reason to make anything but a super safe, durable tyre when it is a control tyre.

Jose Fernandez is driving the Ford XR6T/V8 Supercar :cool:

The car is weighing just over 1300kgs atm

This car has done a 31 in Supercar trim and Jose last did a 33 around the creek in a Supercar.

Make no mistake, this thing will be quick.

It will be running on fat Dunlop's and is running full V8 Supercar suspension, rear end etc

This car has full FPR data and set up with it as well.

The engine should be finished this week.

Alot of people forget that these things are purpose built race cars from day one, with tubbed front and rear ends, lightweight panels etc

I think this thing could be a dark horse for sure :ermm:

Good news! Hi Octane R34 went quicker yesterday at the Creek even though we had a couple of hold ups during the day, which meant we didn't get one really clean lap.

But, the good news is, Mark's best lap, slightly help up by a GT3 under the power lines, AND breaking a front right driveshaft coming onto the straight, which sent him hard towards the wall off the track mowing heaps of greass, and a couple of big tank slappers thrown in for good measure, AND basically rolling down the straight, was a 38. :P

Good news! Hi Octane R34 went quicker yesterday at the Creek even though we had a couple of hold ups during the day, which meant we didn't get one really clean lap.

But, the good news is, Mark's best lap, slightly help up by a GT3 under the power lines, AND breaking a front right driveshaft coming onto the straight, which sent him hard towards the wall off the track mowing heaps of greass, and a couple of big tank slappers thrown in for good measure, AND basically rolling down the straight, was a 38. :)

So that 32 is looking good then LOL :laugh:

Actually that description sounds like the footage I have seen of you at Targa Benny hahahaha

Edited by Bozman1

I have been keeping an eye on the progress of entrants for this, gutted none of my mates in NZ are keen for the trip over - not keen on a loner trip, otherwise there is a good chance I'd be in Oz with bells on. Looks like a once in a life time combination of cars at one event. Look forward to hearing about the results, hope some good footage comes from it!

So that 32 is looking good then LOL :)

Actually that description sounds like the footage I have seen of you at Targa Benny hahahaha

nah, no fences in that description! :laugh: