SAU Community

Locked My Keys In My R32 Skyline, Help.

Rolls

So I've been doing some work on my skyline and it hasn't been on the road for a month or so now. Anyway the other day I was playing with the ECU and my keys fell out of my pocket (car wasn't running) and I managed to lock them in there.

Now I realise the mods won't want any instructions on how to break into a skyline posted on this forum but I would love some help. Perhaps if anyone has any tips they could PM them to me? I'd rather not fork out for the RAA to come break in for me. I figure if I can get the boot open I can remove my sub and maybe get in that way, or perhaps try and jimmi the window down with some sort of hook.

I'm hopefully putting my rebuilt turbo and brakes on this weekend and I obviously need to get the bonnet open, if I can't get the car open I'd like to be able to at least get this open, are there any ways to unlock the bonnet?

Feel free to look through my posts to see that I do actually own an R32 skyline and I'm not trying anything dodgy.

I am located in Adelaide so I would happily pay someone if they can do it substantially cheaper than the RAA would, number is <removed> if you have any spare time this weekend/next week.

Why don't you have a spare key to the car? And a lesson I learned many years ago (180B days) - ALWAYS use the key to lock the door.

Anyway, thieves usually seem to go in through the door handle and pop the pushrod. You're not in RAA? Because I'm sure they do it for free to members.

How did you get back in?

well luckily, my window was a bit open (very slightly) and the keys were in the ignition, so managed to make 3 coat hangers into a hook thing and somehow pull the lock button on the door.. was lucky, but ur windows are probably shut,,i'd say best way wud b to call a place that does break in for u,,might cost a bit tho if u not a member

If you've got an R31 mate, take his door trim off.

Since your window is 'UP', the locking mechanism is exposed.

Now you can get some of that blue nylon strapping down the side of your window 'in a loop' shape.

Slide it along until the loop can get over the locking bar & rip it up.

My drivers side windows was all of 1mm further down than the passenger door, straightened out a clothes hook and unlocked it in about 30 seconds. Was scarily easy to get in :P

Managed to get my turbo back on and R33 brakes installed as well. Just need a few gaskets and hoses and it should be drivable :D

Thanks for the help everyone who PMd me :)

Edited by Rolls