• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right thats sounds cheap as.

do the numbers still light up as normal in the evening time,

so it will still act like your regular gauges or are we up sh!t creek at night

cant check with car quest or evo R until monday as they were on holidays

its basically a vinyl sheet made to slip over your existing gauges, its thin enough not to obstruct the needles etc, and allows light thru in the night time. You can get em for virtually any jap car.

If your gauges don't illuminate at night its unroadworthy in most countries including japan n aust. So yeah I'd safely say it was the case. If you wanna get real tricky when you take the cluster out, replace the globes with higher lumen rated globes or "incandecent globes" (??) and it'll be even brighter n you can play with the different colours.

I'll see if I can find a pic of the R33 ones.

think most of you would recgnise em if you're into your jap products. They're made by Cyberstork and they make R33 GTS, GTSt, GTR and I think GTS4 (I know they make em for the R32's).

The way the film/vinyl works is by the angle of light that hits it. because of this, it can allow light to pass through it yet in the daytime look translucent. Here's a few pics fromt he website (hit the last button on the toolbar called "Quality")

r33_white_face_a.jpg

r33_white_face_b.jpg

And here's a few examples of an R33 GTR with the gauges and lighbulb changes in the nighttime (and another night time pic of a different car using orange bulbs which you can get from jaycar or dick smith).

r33_white_face_c.jpg

r33_white_face_d.jpg

BUMP

just so we don't forget :D

I am still looking around.

Confirmed with CarQuest today, $160 a set and they can change from blue to green ...

Will try a couple more places tomorrow and let everyone know.

No, that was just a ring them up and see what they retail for buy :D

I will call them tomorrow and use my uber-elite bargaining technique ... so we'll probably pay $260 in a group buy :D

hey cam, will do buddy.

its gone from $200 retail + shipping to $160 retail and they're in perth already, so thats decent to begin with :D

can I get a count of hands to see whose still interested?

Ummm yeah i am kinda interested... Can we get confirmed though if we are going to get installs privately or done through shop. If through shop how much we looking at? if privately i will supply a some alcohol for the help!