SAU Community

Misfiring On Full Boost

BB81DO

hey ..... i put my boost controller in today and wound the boost up to 14psi or there about

the problem is not that is misfiring on full boost then when i bring it off boost then back on it comes on then starts misforing again

is this a coil issue or is this the factory boost cut ??

Std spark plug gap too big for higher boost. Pull the plugs out and gap them down to about 0.8mm

The spark gets blown out at higher boost hence the reason why its breaking down under full load. The spark jumps every were at the end of the plug causing it to not fire correctly. Do this and you will be ok.

You will probably get away with just regapping your plugs to 0.8 but none the less your coils are probably dying so boosting it higher later on will bring back the missfire and also on cold weather it might still miss spitfires and plugs gapped at 0.8 ftw

regapped the plugs today ... helped a little so i turned it down to save it ....... until i get nw coils then i will dial some more boost in it

it's not a misfire. if youre running standard ecu, 14 psi is too high and you are hitting fuel cut. lower the boost to about 11-11.5 and you'll be perfect. don't boot it too much either as you'll damage your rings while it does that.

R&R ??

Rich and Retard. There sould be a thread somewhere here explaining fully what it is.. but yeh as explained above, its pretty much when the ecu senses too much boost coming through and cuts fuel supply to try to save the engine, causes the car to run absolute sh&t..but yeh just turn your boost back down and dont go past 12psi unless u got an aftermarket ecu or get yours remapped

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Mi...500-t32356.html

^ that might help out aswell..

had the same problem, boost too high, turned it down, still slightly missfires on full boost but my coilpacks are just about shot... i taped/siliconed them up which helps but doesnt totally get rid of the missfire.. just waiting to get some more cash for splitfires..