SAU Community

Sick And Tired Of Fearing Cops Like A Criminal!

Spunky Munky

if you bought an import, you should've known that imports attract cops

you cant complain about being pulled over, especial if u have a CF bonnet and drive around with an atmo BOV,

its like saying, my car is stealthy, while painting it in a fluro color :)

amen

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats it matter if car has no defects they just claim you were hooning and confiscate it anyway

Damned if you do Damned if ya dont!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^

they can't claim you were hooning if you weren't

they need to witness hooning or have evidence to prove it

if they pull you over just going about ur business not doing anything wrong, and say you were hooning

that will never even make it to court

Happened to me, they don't need shit.

Do you have fully sick cheap Chrome wheels? Stickers, HID, Loud Exhaust, Standout colour, gauges on the A-pillar, Bride Seat that you don't even do track work....................car that sit too low because you have a fully sick set of coil-over...................!

Non-chrome RE wheels, SAU sticker, stock headlights, legal(or very close) exhaust volume, factory white paint, no guage on a-pillar, Bride seats that do have a purpose, and a tasteful, functional ride height - extremely moderate fitment.

I think you've got me mistaken for someone else! :thumbsup:

Anyway it's not like I am hounded by the 5-0, I just don't think it's as easy as saying IF you are complying with the law that they will leave you alone, as it is clearly not always the case.

Thanks fellas...I used to be a bit of a "ricer" to be honest, e.g. stickers, big wrings, decal stuff like that...now, I'm sick of it and love the clean and stealthy look...I've made my car look stock as a rock besides some nice Volk rims and a carbon fiber bonnet, the car looks stock as a freaken rock.

I think the trick is to hide, tuck away and make the car look as stock as possible. Besides that, there's no other way, right? I've learnt a few things...thanks all! Any other suggestions?

It's the BOV, PODS and Power FC that I always get done for usually...now with the BOV, I love the Ssshhttt sound of the atmospheric blowoff valve sound...just can't go back to stock...cannot, cannot....please God, please forgive me as I have sinned....with the PODS, I must have it too as I love the fluttering and sucking sound...and the Power FC - I need it for engine management, I even went as far as trying to hide my hand controller under my seat once but the guys in blue know where to search nowadays - any suggestions?

You keep shooting yourself in the foot and you then you start up threads about how not to shoot your self... :thumbsup:

Unless you don't pay any attention to what Ash has said about the aftermarket BOV's then keep shooting yourself. :D

You pods already make a "Flutter" noise.

From memory you are allowed 1 intake mod, since you have a GTR now, you pods should be fine as they came with a FMIC stock.

As for the Power FC, from memory I think you can unplug the hand controller and leave it at home.

Or shove it down your pants before the cop sees it :)

Carbon Fibre bonnet will attract attention, either paint the bonnet the same colour or put the stock one back on.

GTR bonnets are aluminium so they are quite light.

Seriously, You get pulled over based on the way you drive, even if you have an exhaust that attracts attention, if your not driving it hard they wont notice you, if your speeding its the same outcome. Im not going to go on about this but I ridiculously illegal GTR on my P's and I dont get any more attention than the next bloke as i drive with the rest of the traffic.

Unbelievable the way some of you guys drive around town like its a track layed for yourself.

I don't get it.

Non-chrome RE wheels, SAU sticker, stock headlights, legal(or very close) exhaust volume, factory white paint, no guage on a-pillar, Bride seats that do have a purpose, and a tasteful, functional ride height - extremely moderate fitment.

I think you've got me mistaken for someone else! :thumbsup:

Anyway it's not like I am hounded by the 5-0, I just don't think it's as easy as saying IF you are complying with the law that they will leave you alone, as it is clearly not always the case.

Nah i didn't say it was you, it was in general, the cars that i see everyday on the road and they wonder why they got EPA.

I've had more EPA's, less defects though - but that is because all my mods are hidden.

You can make 380rwkw mate without even an obvious mod - im not going into anymore detail though over the net.

This was my argument a week or so ago Ash, remember "police reguarly scan these types of websites for information on you or your car". You gave a big lecture to a person about bragging about there mods and "lying" to the police on this forum. You now have the audacity to brag about your mods that are well hidden.

Please practice what you preach!

I said you can make - i never said i was making.

I've never have, never will see 380rwkw with my setup. Nor have i even said what mod's i have performed or what they are.

It was simply a general statement to prove the point that you can super size performance and be very much stealthy/avoid defects

OR

You can be silly with stupid & shiny mods and defectable with a virtually stock car.

Please ensure you read before posting.

Oh but i did read. So i shall re quote your post on the previous page.

Maybe you should read before you post.

I've had more EPA's, less defects though - but that is because all my mods are hidden.

EPA was just for my old exhaust which was 110dB lol.

These days though its much much quieter so i expect less attention overall. Even on SAU cruises you cannot hear my car anymore :)

You can make 380rwkw mate without even an obvious mod - im not going into anymore detail though over the net.

Does it mean they are illegal?

I made no mention of what i've changed, or if infact it was even illegal. You are doing what most silly people do - assume.

I've actually had two VASS certs in 5 years for my car, lots of my mods are actually approved.

I've also been to the EPA so they can note down the size of my exhaust, cat, mufflers, RB26 motor, altered intake mods (pods) so it is all on their database should i get pinned.

According to Lou down there - sometimes they won't send me a notice if the Police report is something they already know & approve/have sighted (although im yet to have that happen so i cannot confirm it its true, but i did the right thing by trying).

Which is the whole point, you can have a mod, have it approved - but the Police will still defect you for it citing the ole "it might have changed".

So it pays to do your mods with care, as i have done, even if they are not illegal.

By doing this is reduces all attention from the outset which is what you want. Less obviousness the better, which is exactly what i've done.

So sorry mate, you've got little clue what you are talking about.

Im not gunna sit here and argue with you, unlike you, i do other things then sit on a computer all day. I must say though, Ash, ive never ever seen you back down, say im wrong, say im sorry or even give up. You have an answer for everything, even if its wrong you will argue that you are right. You think the you are God on this site and you must always say the last word and that your word is the gospel. Out of all the members on this site (paying and non paying) you give the most negative posts. Yes you do try to help people but there is always a negative in your posts and i can tell you people dont like hearing your negative crap.

I think maybe you should get your head out of your arse and maybe look at things in a different light, or maybe even from the other side of the fence. Everyone assumes something. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Your mods, whatever they are, are hidden. Why would they be hidden so well???

Could it be that maybe one or two of them could get you a canary. But, no doubt as a comeback to that you would say something along the lines of, rather it be hidden and not seen by a cop and have to go through all the crap of showing a bit of paper to say that its fine.

Good for you.

Thats the end of me, if you or other people disagree with what ive said well thats all well and good but Ash, other people have bought this subject up with you before and you come back more negative. Maybe this time you can take something out of this.

You got caught out this time.

'remember, police patrol the web'

Did i upset you or something?

In the last 45mins ago i've said to TWO users that i was unsure of accuracy of the advice i was giving and he needed more research and i could be... wrong! :)

(check my post history to find it).

If im not sure/wrong, i'll say so. No issue with that. I love a good argument & discussion of points. Part of what makes a discussion forum great (being this is a discussion forum).

I had a massive one last week as well - Technically, on paper, i was indeed incorrect (also aknowledged that btw).

However in the real world the scenario is different, so in practicical terms i was correct. See-saw swung both ways on that one.

So no issue being wrong at all.

What i have an issue with is people taking my comments out of context or making incorrect assumptions without knowing exactly what im talking about and just coming in shooting first, questions later, which is what you did from the outset.

Kevin (Spunky/the OP) knows what im talking about as there have been more discussions than just in this thread over the past month or so.

My 2 cents on this matter is that we drive skylines, full stop. From experience and from friends experience if u dun wanna be pulled over n harassed then buy an Aussie car. Skylines r famous for the easy defects n that's y cops alwAys go for us. If u keep doin illegal mods to ur car n getting caught then ur just part of the reason y we get picked on. Dun wanna sound like a cock but realisticly speaking that's the way it is.

As for ur car it's a gtr! Best brand of car ever created and it's Already fast as hell so y not just do minor mods that won't get u in shit n be happy with it? Again I'm not judging or anything and it's ur choice wot to do wit ur own car

i got pulled over a few times by under cover / TMU @ knox area with my CF bonnet they let me off. probably think im a good boy for driving a n/a so they reward me by not defecting me :)

All this talk of 'you only get pulled over if you drive like a cock' is a load of shit. You're kidding yourselves if you think imports/modified cars aren't specifically targeted. They are targeted because they're more likely to net a defect/EPA for the officer, it's all about $:time and effort.

End of the day if you choose to drive one, modified or not, expect to get pulled over. If you don't, good luck to ya, but if and when you do, there's no point crying about it.