SAU Community

2010 F1 Season

Roy

I know I would rather be driving a car that was quick over one lap and then preserve my tyres by driving sensibly than having a slow car and trying to wring the neck of it to keep up.

RBR and Ferrari in a very good position for the race.

Still though, there is only so much that driving technique and throttle-brake control can affect tyre wear... Ultimately, if it ends up being a scorcher tomorrow, they could tickle those slicks and still have them grain and wear badly.. Were as the hard will be more durable..

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know I would rather be driving a car that was quick over one lap and then preserve my tyres by driving sensibly than having a slow car and trying to wring the neck of it to keep up.

RBR and Ferrari in a very good position for the race.

we'll see... personally, I'd rather have the better handling car for the majority of the race than just be able to do 1 fast lap on empty tanks. 150kg of fuel has to alter the car's behaviour.

Alonso in the fezza is pretty exciting. The team mate battles in Ferrari, McLaren & RBR are going to be interesting. And see how the self-confessed rusty old man goes. Qualifying 7th and only a couple of tenths off the young gun teammate is not bad for his first competitive drive in 3 years if you ask me.

I can't wait for the race!

Cannot wait either. I too am not a huge fan of the extended 12" version of that circuit and more than likely will cause some issues with the fully fueled cars tonight.

we'll see... personally, I'd rather have the better handling car for the majority of the race than just be able to do 1 fast lap on empty tanks.

I agree but I'm not sure those two things are necessarily mutually exclusive. We don't know which cars are easy on tyres yet but it won't be long till we find out.

It still reckon it easier to make a fast car go slow than try to make a slow car go fast.

not the hand-me-down win he was looking for, but alonso looked wrapped to be back

showing the schmucks how its done, im glad he a contender again. would have been sad to see the best guy on the grid running around in 12th for another year

EDIT:

lol

old dead eye doenst look too happy with 2nd

... get used to it buddy

What a shit race, shame the FIA for taking away re-fuelling. Cars that are 2-4 seconds per lap quicker and stuck back in the lower positions :( This year is going to be shit compared to some of the blinders we had in years past