SAU Community

2010 F1 Season

Roy

:(

What did everyone think of the Hamilton/Petrov battle?

Any thoughts on Hamilton weaving down the straight?

I'm polish originally so I'm all for Kubica and the rest of his team. Didn't have high hopes of Petrov but he really showed some good driving in the last GP. And Hamilton is a top bloke. Sure as shite can drive, but a top bloke nonetheless for weaving like that.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having mentioned Kubica I'm surprised all you die hard F1 afficionados hardly ever mention him in this thread. Anybody seen his two moves, the way he left the pit stop (sliding the car on purpose to get out there faster) and the way he used the lack of rules to bypass the Q3 queue (which would have gotten him the PP hadn't they terminated Q3 prematurily).

Schumi driving in to people to guarantee a WDC title,

Schumi parking his car on the track at Monaco during quali to guarantee pole position

Good race-craft?

So Prost closing the door on Senna at Japan in 1989 was any worse?? Or Senna returning serve on the first corner in 1990??? Yet they get mentions as being some of the best drivers ever... Oh wait, they aren't Schumi... Soz my bad...

There are so many examples of wonderful racecraft by Schumacher it is nearly pointless naming them all.. I'll add Hungary 1998 to that list, even so, tell me of another driver of modern times that could of done that? Maybe you'd recall Japan 2000 in patchy weather as another example of astonishing MS racecraft. Schumacher is a spectacular driver, for all his misgivings, but don't go kidding yourself that he was the only F1 great with particular flaws. Not everyone in F1 is a Stirling Moss FYI.

Machiavelli would have briefly stopped blowing Satan to applaud both those efforts

Really, is Machiavelli the first bloke that popped into your head when you thought of candidates for giving satan a BJ??? Sheeet, you're as delusional as your homeboy hammo....

@Redline.

He may not be mentioned as much as in previous years (BMW days), but for the most part I'd say the Koob is quite well liked here! For me he's certainly in my top 5-6 drivers on the grid presently! In fact, given the right car, the right team and the right tools, he could definitely win a WDC or two in my book. It is especially a pleasure watching him on the defensive, in a way he reminds me of Jean Alesi or even Schumi, being stubborn as all hell. NO MAN SHALL PASS! I like that, when it doesn't involve weaving like a twat..

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

He may not be mentioned as much as in previous years (BMW days), but for the most part I'd say the Koob is quite well liked here! For me he's certainly in my top 5-6 drivers on the grid presently! In fact, given the right car, the right team and the right tools, he could definitely win a WDC or two in my book. It is especially a pleasure watching him on the defensive, in a way he reminds me of Jean Alesi or even Schumi, being stubborn as all hell. NO MAN SHALL PASS! I like that, when it doesn't involve weaving like a twat..

Just tip me on one thing, what's WDC, can't figure it out?

Somebody I know from Poland knows RK quite well, he's his rally pilot when the F1 season's out. He is a very capable driver and driving instructor himself. He will bet anybody that RK will be the F1 world champion no later than in his second full racing season in one of the top 3 teams (ferrari, mclaren, mercedes guess would be this year's picks in this matter). The guy's so sure of it he'll bet anybody, literally.

Anyway - did you see Koob's exit from the pit stop? :(

and the way he used the lack of rules to bypass the Q3 queue (which would have gotten him the PP hadn't they terminated Q3 prematurily).

immoral but not illegal in my book. I would never give him an inch on the track after that little trick.

we should be talking about him more often I reckon, but with the drivel onehd commentary its very hard to follow what he is up to....ie I don't think I've heard his name mentioned.

I have on the other hand heard homo's name mentioned "What an amazing pass of the unfunded and untested HRT car to scythe into 21st position. AMAZING!!!11ty"

immoral but not illegal in my book. I would never give him an inch on the track after that little trick.

I'm sure he won't get to repeat that stunt, we can only bet if it will be because other drivers wont let him pass or because (and this is my opinion) FIA will have rules against that before the next race even.

Sauber engine failure too- Could Ferrari be out of the WDC/WCC hunt towards the tail end of the season due to engine related grid penalties?

I guess I've figured it out, correct me if I'm wrong?

WDC - World Drivers Championship

WCC - World Constructor Championship

Hhmmm, obviously your definition of racecraft and mine are totally different.

Senna at Monaco in the toleman 1984 = Racecraft.

Senna Monaco quali 1988 = Racecraft.

Senna at Donnington 1993 = Racecraft.

Schumi finishing 2nd at the Spanish GP in 94 with only 5th gear = Racecraft.

Schumi 1996 Spanish GP = Racecraft.

Sebvet at the 2008 Italian GP, winning in a Toro Rosso = Racecraft.

In terms of overtakes, strictly speaking.

Mika on Schu, Spa 2000 = Racecraft (and balls).

Hamo's display at Sepang = B*LLSH*T!!!!!!!!!

I ask you this, imagine if EVERY passing attempt was met with such amateurish weaving?? The track would be utter madness, and no overtaking would actually occur, for fear of initiating a massive prang. That was not racecraft, anyone that has either raced or has followed it long enough knows that. 1 and 1/2 moves (one defensive move and a half move to partially get back onto the racing line) and that is that. Braking zone or not, I hope I never see that cr@p again, by Loulou or anyone else on that note.

I ask you this: Imagine if EVERY one of my Aunties had a pair of bollcoks. Then they would be my uncles. Which if you think about it is also completely irrelevent.

The rule was put into to help clean up overtaking rules. It appears to have been extended to now stop the lead car from breaking a folowing (as in behind, as in not next to or infront) cars tow.

If you check the results from Monaco in 1984 you will see that another driver was closing down Senna. Racecraft in that race was best defined by Nigel Mansell stuffing his (leading) Lotus Renault into the wall & then blaming everyone/everything else instead of his own stupidity. Now that is RACECRAFT. :(

I guess you're making reference to Stefan Bellof and the fact that rival Jackie Ickx red flagged the race?? Either way, Senna's performance was nothing short of amazing in that crappy Toleman, even if you have to give Bellof drive of the day, Senna still showed his sublime skills in the wet. It would be like Loulou coming 2nd at Monaco in a Virgin...

C'mon DJR, lets get a bit real eh. Feebly attempting to compare the potential of your aunties having balls and considering the possibilities of every leading car weaving like Hammo at Sepang is just as b*llsh*t as the weaving itself, total and complete rubbish imo. If EVERY leading car did what loulou did, not only would it deprive us of what little overtaking we do in fact see, it could potentially be absolutely disastrous.... His run up the pit-straight was compromised by poor drive out of the hair-pin, and exacerbated by the fact Vitpet got a good drive out of the corner and has his front wing tucked under Hammo's gearbox.. I still stand by the fact the weaving was amateurish nonsense, and a fair and partial display of loulou being nothing more than a spoilt brat of a manchild...

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

I guess you're making reference to Stefan Bellof and the fact that rival Jackie Ickx red flagged the race?? Either way, Senna's performance was nothing short of amazing in that crappy Toleman, even if you have to give Bellof drive of the day, Senna still showed his sublime skills in the wet. It would be like Loulou coming 2nd at Monaco in a Virgin...

C'mon DJR, lets get a bit real eh. Feebly attempting to compare the potential of your aunties having balls and considering the possibilities of every leading car weaving like Hammo at Sepang is just as b*llsh*t as the weaving itself, total and complete rubbish imo. If EVERY leading car did what loulou did, not only would it deprive us of what little overtaking we do in fact see, it could potentially be absolutely disastrous.... His run up the pit-straight was compromised by poor drive out of the hair-pin, and exacerbated by the fact Vitpet got a good drive out of the corner and has his front wing tucked under Hammo's gearbox.. I still stand by the fact the weaving was amateurish nonsense, and a fair and partial display of loulou being nothing more than a spoilt brat of a manchild...

The Toleman was actually pretty good. Brian Hart did good engines & from memory some hack called Rory Byrne penned it.

The point of my analogy is that there isn't much to be gained in imagining if whatever happens. Anyway your hero, Schumacher, regularly would aim his pole sitting car at an angle & then drive the other front row starter toward the pit wall. I distinctly remember him doing it to his brother of all people. If you really want to imagine something try a big accident infront of twenty other cars all with full fuel tanks & cold tyres. Into the first corner of a GP....At the German GP in the early nineties something similar happened. On the upside Tyrrell got some points that day...

Breaking someone tow is not amateurish. It is just something else race drivers do. Or atleast should be allowed to do. It isn't the greatest display of racecraft ever but I don't think anyone is saying it is. What I tried to say was that good racecraft is a large part of what you want to see at a GP. The FIA are systematically fking that over.

As for Lewis (or any other driver) being a brat. Well to be honest I don't know that many well adjusted twenty something year olds with legions of fans & millions of dollars. Ofcourse they are selfish, self absorbed & maladjusted. Fk I would be if it were me. Probably already am. Very few top level sportmen are well adjusted. They are intensely competitive for a start which usually means they are pretty damn selfish.

As for the Renault - for all the negative comments about their engines they can't be all that bad. Maybe running with less fuel is better than with mega hp. The Cosworths are really struggling & their consumption is reputed to be crap.

yeah the renault donks are certainly down on power but it goes to prove power isn't everything cause they are good enough for webber and vettel to run up the front consistently...

i bet a few teams would like an underpowered renault engine at the moment (providing it can hold together for a few races that is).

we should be talking about him more often I reckon, but with the drivel onehd commentary its very hard to follow what he is up to....ie I don't think I've heard his name mentioned.

I have on the other hand heard homo's name mentioned "What an amazing pass of the unfunded and untested HRT car to scythe into 21st position. AMAZING!!!11ty"

Exactly what I though! I wanted to stab those British commentators in the eyes!!!!

yeah the renault donks are certainly down on power but it goes to prove power isn't everything cause they are good enough for webber and vettel to run up the front consistently...

i bet a few teams would like an underpowered renault engine at the moment (providing it can hold together for a few races that is).

Well Williams Renault has a certain ring to it.

As does Lotus - Renault. In black. With some bloke called Senna driving.

Your Polish mate in the Renault is doing alot better than almost everyone thought this year. His team mate doesn't suck teh balls to anywhere near the extent I thought he would, come to that.

Exactly what I though! I wanted to stab those British commentators in the eyes!!!!

Bring back McConville I say. The yocals bore me to tears. The Brits are their usual one eyed selves. Still it is better than Murray Walker when Mansell was around.

Williams-Renault does have a ring to... for the wrong reasons

Senna died driving a dodgy one :)

It wasn't dodgy. Sure, it wasn't the greatest Williams ever but it was a combination of tragic circumstances rather than a "dodgy" design.

Williams Renault's won multiple world championships- both drivers and constructors. And the BTCC for that matter.