SAU Community

2010 F1 Season

Roy

The terminal speed difference on the straight was allegedly 1km/h different. So it is reasonable to assume there is something to be gained from drafting even a slow Lotus but....

Did HK brake 30m early?

Thats what I was thinking. Looked like HK broke early, or at least much earlier than Webber had intended to and thats what caught him out. Not an unreasonable assumption given the 4-5 seconds/lap speed difference.

Still I think Webber could've been more cautious in his attempted overtake. He probably assumed HK would just move over and let him through but was mistaken as they were actually 'racing for position' at the time

Still, cool flip. Had my heart pumping just watching it. Glad he was ok, would've hated to see Webber injured and out for an extended period in his best year to date

Edited by Scottydoo

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's recap, webber is coming up on a car that is 3-4 seconds a lap slower. this car is not as fast, doesn't corner as well and probably doesn't brake as well. it's also on the dirty line.

is webber anything other than a retard for expecting kova to brake super late? and go sailing through the corner with a fistful of understeer? last time pizzonia did that in a jaguar it didn't end well. come on mark you've been around a while, the dirty line doesn't give you good braking traction so you have to brake earlier. mark disengages his brain when he gets behind the wheel, he makes his own luck and it's no surprise that he's been in some dramatic crashes. i'm all for patriotism but the guy does ask for it.

I think Mark was to blame but come on Kinks. Lets not be too critical . It was an accident that should not have happened for any number of reasons. Fact remains Webber didnt give himself enough room, Heikki like a bit of an ass clown was driving on the inside of the line and then started to move and seemingly rolled off the throttle just as Webber was getting ready to dart back right. The speed differential was the cause for the accident, but Webber was 2 seconds quicker then Hul and couldnt get past so pitted early.

He needed to nail every pass and heiiki wandering around in a straight line and then coming up to 'His' braking area meant that Webber was off with the fairies when he should have been well right. But, thats racing. What makes me wonder is i need to see more in car. Was Webber F-Ducting away and is this just another thing that distracts a driver from racing?!?!?!?!?

he might have been reaching for the F-uct as he took off as he knew he was fuct by that point...

good little write up by mark webber on page 64 of today's daily smellograph.

he makes a few points. one is that this is his first retirement of the season so far. not bad. also, until this accident he had finished every race in the points and is equal with the other 3 guys who have all won 2 races a piece. he is stringing together a pretty solid season no matter what and seems pretty bright about his prospects at silverstone.

Formula1.com interview with MW

Q: Name five things that you hate?

MW: People that lie, people that drive under the speed limit, people that snore loads on planes and people that are unreliable . That’s about it. I am not big hater.

A: Possible answers anyway

Sebastian Vettel??

Heiki Kovalainnen??

Helmut Marko or Christian Horner??

Frank Williams (or at least his cars)??

Polish driver Robert Kubica has ended speculation about his future by signing a contract extension that is set to keep with the Renault team until 2012.

still think he's ultimately ferrari bound once massa gets the boot

Was anybody else happy that Williams and Rubens had a good result last gp?

I've been waiting for Williams to score some good points and I was happy to see them get a reasonable result.

yeah, I'm not really expecting miracles either

keen as mustard for British GP

I think...

maybe...

yep, definately...

THIRD MCLAREN 1|2 FOR 2010!!!1!ty