SAU Community

Victorias Worse/most Dangerous Suburbs

Mohsen

following the recent spate of car thefts.. curious to know what everyone thinks about dangerous suburbs

imo: it would be footscray. walking thru there in the afternoon gives me the shits.. just the other day i saw a guy clambering around the footpath, obviously so drunk or stoned he couldnt even stand..

begin discussion!

following the recent spate of car thefts.. curious to know what everyone thinks about dangerous suburbs

imo: it would be footscray. walking thru there in the afternoon gives me the shits.. just the other day i saw a guy clambering around the footpath, obviously so drunk or stoned he couldnt even stand..

begin discussion!

yeah, footscray's pretty high up there for me, following that would be sunshine then deer park. i hate having to go through footscray alone, even in day light.

Alot of suburbs have "bad" spots, but some areas are more "dangerous" than others. As far as general crime goes I used to be in the legal industry and the really "bad" or "dangerous" in relation to violence and car theft were in rough ranking:

1. Melbourne CBD

1. City Inner - Abbotsford, Richmond, Collingwood, Port Melbourne

2. Springvale

2. Footscray

3. Deer Park

4. Noble Park

5. St Albans

Box Hill used to be really bad as well, but about 3 years ago the police started a big job of cleaning out the "Asian Gangs" (I'm Asian as well so by all means I'm not being acist here) in that area with increased foot patrols.

Alot of suburbs have "bad" spots, but some areas are more "dangerous" than others. As far as general crime goes I used to be in the legal industry and the really "bad" or "dangerous" in relation to violence and car theft were in rough ranking:

1. Melbourne CBD

1. City Inner - Abbotsford, Richmond, Collingwood, Port Melbourne

2. Springvale

2. Footscray

3. Deer Park

4. Noble Park

5. St Albans

Box Hill used to be really bad as well, but about 3 years ago the police started a big job of cleaning out the "Asian Gangs" (I'm Asian as well so by all means I'm not being acist here) in that area with increased foot patrols.

What? No Dandenong or Crimebourne... ahem, Cranbourne?

Edited by iamhe77