SAU Community

Thinking Of Selling - Need Some Advice

deano27

Hi Guys,

My wife wants to stay home with the new baby instead of going back to work so I am thinking of selling my pride and joy to pay some things off and just need peoples opinion on prices I should think of asking.

I have a 1999 R34 GTT.

It's red and is in almost showroom condition. Paint and interior are excellent and engine wise it purs like a kitten and does not skip a beat.

I'm the first owner in Australia and have owned the car for 2 years.

It has 67000 kms.

The car has the following..

• Nismo sideskirts/front and rear bar.
  • Nismo S-Tune suspension
  • Nismo speedo cluster
  • 3 nismo gauges in the middle
  • 18 inch staggered fitment deep dished rims.
  • DVD player and screen

• ATR-43 Hypergear Turbo
  • 550cc injectors
  • Z32 AFM
  • Walbro fuel pump
  • Stealth return flow front mount cooler
  • Greddy turbo timer
  • Trust Turbo back exhaust
  • Extreme heavy duty street clutch
  • Nistune ECU
  • Splitfire coilpacks

The car has been safely tunedby Dr Drift and got 236 rwkw. The car is only tuned to 15 pounds of boost and can get a lot more power with the addition of a high flow cat and more boost.

So what do you guys reckon I should be asking?

mate i dun wanna burst ur bubble here but i was selling mine recently and have now decided to keep it for a few reasons:

1) i love it too much to let go and its so fun to drive

2) it works as a great daily driver as well as a track car

3) the money you spend on it is money you wont get back

4) you will miss it

5) the worst part....you wont sell it for more than $20k if ur lucky since u can pick them up for about $17k these days and thanks to the hoon laws, operation RAID, new P plate laws and f**khead cops everywhere, around 3/4 of the market has been lost. i dropped my price down from $22k to $17.5k and only got 2 offers. the market is just shit right now.

i think u keep yours as i did mine

mine has way less millage then yours and i haven't had much to any luck. if your not in any rush and willing to wait it out just like i am you will eventually find a buyer for around $22-$23K

Don't mean to steal your thread but I'm thinking of selling too due to buying a GTT sooner or later when I get off my P's. I own a coupe 25GT with 103,XXX kms, relatively good condition minor scratches on 1 rear quarter and few stone chips on the bonnet. It's got a $2,500 custom made exhaust system from the headers back and a set of Te37's with bridgestone potenzas which cost me about $5000 all up... How much do you guys reckon I could get for a non-turbo, with or without the wheels. I'm presuming p-platers are snatching them all up due to the new laws as when I look on car sales now, theres hardly any decent ones compared to when I was looking for mine.

Only problem with holding a car to try and get a higher price is it depriciates more and more the longer you hold it. I've knocked back low ballers before only to sell the car for the price they offered 3-4 months later to somebody else. These day I just sell them for what I can get. The only prob with a R34 gtt if you want low 20's is your in the price range of R33 gtr's with 7-10k mods included on it. I know what I'd buy. I think you'll find like the other guys have mentioned. Its worth a lot less than your hoping. Skylines aren't worth much these days.

As Ash said - Sell off all the mods seperate. Only way to go!

I'd say 25k max is an accurate figure (and also an optimistic figure, like others have said, that is R33 GTR range!)

I sold my 254rwkw GT-T http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/St...R3-t285214.html (with room for more) for 25k. I was asking 23.5k, got a few offers for 22k, then at the end

had 2 people super keen, both offered to pay extra, but I sent it to the inter-state buyer as it would mean I wouldn't require

a RWC. I'd say be patient if you aren't in a hurry, if you are in a hurry you should get around 20-22k imo.

Don't mean to steal your thread but I'm thinking of selling too due to buying a GTT sooner or later when I get off my P's. I own a coupe 25GT with 103,XXX kms, relatively good condition minor scratches on 1 rear quarter and few stone chips on the bonnet. It's got a $2,500 custom made exhaust system from the headers back and a set of Te37's with bridgestone potenzas which cost me about $5000 all up... How much do you guys reckon I could get for a non-turbo, with or without the wheels. I'm presuming p-platers are snatching them all up due to the new laws as when I look on car sales now, theres hardly any decent ones compared to when I was looking for mine.

13-16k

Sell the rims separately, the NAs are holding their value because of the p-plate laws as you mention.

A buyer won't really look at rim choice when buying a car, if a car has rims, its a bonus.