SAU Community

Boost On A Stock Turbo.

HSV004

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No comments/considerations of the alternative for auto drivers (that regency wont notice) - nistune?

Admittedly, this won't work easily for R33 owners (without either using R32 and sacrificing VCT or using a Z32 ecu..)

I ran 14 psi once on my stock 33 turbo and it didnt last long.. not a very good situation to be in when it blows.. but i got it high flowed after =]. Anyone know wats the highest psi u can put on a 33 highflowed turb??

back on topic i used to run 14psi on stock controler usually saw 13.5

i also run a GTR pfc and vct is over rated

+1 on the VCT bit. Im still running stock ecu with an EBC maxing out at 14psi (still got ceramic turbos)... provided you're not on boost for aaaaages the ceramic turbos will be able to cope with the heat/pressure (fine for my daily driving but when I decide to track the car I'll be wanting new turbs)

-D

so im guessing just leave the hand controller at home or hide it in a bag in the car or something like that. not entirely sure how they work. but have only heard awesome things from them

run the pfc hand controller cable under your dash all the way to the right handside of steering wheel then bring it through the fuse cover opening and put a bit of doublesided velcro on dash next to steering wheel and place handcontroller there

then when you park/leave ya car put the hand controller back behind fuse cover and cover

:)

run the pfc hand controller cable under your dash all the way to the right handside of steering wheel then bring it through the fuse cover opening and put a bit of doublesided velcro on dash next to steering wheel and place handcontroller there

then when you park/leave ya car put the hand controller back behind fuse cover and cover

:)

And now SAPOL knows where to find them. :P

And now SAPOL knows where to find them. :happy:

The last couple times SAPOL has pulled me over in the R33 they've searched the fuse box cover, aswell as ashtray etc. - nothing new there to them.

The last couple times SAPOL has pulled me over in the R33 they've searched the fuse box cover, aswell as ashtray etc. - nothing new there to them.

They are not allowed to search without a search warrent.

If you give them permission they are OK, otherwise they are only alowed to observe whatever is freely in view. (this includes under the bonnet)

Trouble is if you refuse to popther bonnet they may assume there ate defectable items, but they still need probable cause to issue the defect (ie I heard a BOV or other such crap)

If you give them permission they are OK, otherwise they are only alowed to observe whatever is freely in view. (this includes under the bonnet)

Trouble is if you refuse to popther bonnet they may assume there ate defectable items, but they still need probable cause to issue the defect (ie I heard a BOV or other such crap)

if they are suspicious they can go through your car with no warrant. I was sitting in my car in a car park and cop car parked next to me and and went through my car, obviously lookin for boost controller soo.....

I know 100% that is not true, police can look anywhere they like in a car.

An extract from a legal advice given by Gilshenan and Luton Lawyers

When can the police search you?

The police can stop and search you (including your car or possessions) if:

• you agree; or

• you are under arrest or in custody (Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002, ss.23, 24); or

• they have a search warrant, which they must show you if you ask; or

• police suspect on reasonable grounds that you are carrying stolen goods or something about to be used in a serious crime (eg weapon) (Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002, s.21(1)(a); or

• police suspect on reasonable grounds that you have (on you or in your vehicle) a prohibited drug (Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002, s21(1)(d) & s.36(1)(e)); or

• police suspect on reasonable grounds that you have (on you, or in or your bag) a knife or a “dangerous implement”. In this situation police may request you to undergo a frisk search, or a search of your bag or locker. They can’t forcibly search you, but it is an offence to refuse a search for knives (Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002, s.27); or

• if your car belongs to a “class of vehicle” that police suspect on reasonable grounds is, was or may have been used in connection with an indictable offence, or circumstances exist that might give rise to a serious risk to public safety and stopping and searching the car would lessen the risk (Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002, s.36(2)).

• if police have been authorised to use their emergency public disorder powers, and you/your vehicle are on a target road or in a target area. The police don’t

Police Powers and Your Rights

Freehills Sydney\004524341 Printed 26 September 2008 (17:19) page 3

need any warrant or reasonable suspicion. They are not allowed to strip search you (Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002, s.87J-K); (see Part 8 – Emergency public disorder powers).

3.2 Reasonable suspicion

In most cases, police can’t search you unless they suspect on reasonable grounds that you have something illegal on you. “Reasonable suspicion” is very difficult to define, and it is often left to a court to decide. A reasonable suspicion is less than a belief but more than just a possibility. It must have some kind of factual basis, and it will usually be based on a number of factors.

For example, the mere fact that you are in an area well-known for drug dealing will not usually be sufficient to raise a reasonable suspicion, but if police see you approaching people or handing something over to another person, they would probably have reasonable grounds to suspect that you were carrying drugs.

Simply objecting to being searched or demanding to know why you are being searched does not give police reasonable grounds for suspicion – insisting on your rights does not mean that you have something to hide.

and from another site: www.aussielegal.com.au

Searching Persons without a Warrant

The Police Powers and Responsibilities Act permits police officers to search persons without a warrant.

The authority of the police to search a person without a warrant is dependent upon the existence of a ‘prescribed circumstance’. If a police officer reasonably suspects that a ‘prescribed circumstance’ exists. The prescribed circumstances in which an officer may search a person without a warrant includes circumstances in which the person is reasonably suspected to be in possession of:

a weapon, knife or explosive;

an item which the person intends to use to cause harm to any person;

a dangerous drug;

stolen, illegally obtained or tainted property;

evidence of the commission of an offence punishable by a minimum of seven (7) years imprisonment, which the police officer reasonably suspects may be concealed or destroyed if a search is not conducted;

an implement of housebreaking, motor vehicle theft or drug use.

Searching Vehicles without a Warrant

An identical set of rules apply to police searches of vehicles without a search warrant. A police officer may stop and search a vehicle, together with anything in it, if any of the above ‘prescribed circumstances’ exist.

When searching a vehicle, the police are allowed to enter, re-enter and stay in the vehicle as often, and for as long, as is necessary to properly carry out their search. The police also have the power to move a vehicle to an appropriate place for a search, in particular if it is impracticable to search the vehicle where stopped.

So that is all based on South Australia??? I have heard the chief of police in SA on the Fresh FM talk show say that police can search any part of the car they want.

it's called probable cause (suspicion) which will alow them to search any part of your car without a warrant as long as they don't start dismantling (need warrant for that).

they usually use the contraband or weapon excuse to go to town on your car without your permission.

it's called probable cause (suspicion) which will alow them to search any part of your car without a warrant as long as they don't start dismantling (need warrant for that).

they usually use the contraband or weapon excuse to go to town on your car without your permission.

True, but you can challenge them on this. They need reasonable grounds, and it must have some kind of factual basis. If you were to politley point this out (without an attitude) I doubt they would want to challenge you.