SAU Community

Front Bar Replacement

Hi All,

Over the xmas break I hit a blow up kiddy's pool and managed to rip the front bar and all of the under car engine bay covers off. Kind of thought the car would hold up better than the pool but alas the pool is still standing and my car is rooted!

All mounting brackets have either snapped or ripped off.

I need to source a new front bar and also both LH and RH side wheel guards (not sure what they are called) the flimsy plastic inner guards and also the under engine bay cover.

Does anyone know the easiest and most cost effective way of getting these items or does anyone have an idea of where to get some used ones locally?

Its a series 1 sedan.

I am happy to put a claim through insurance but am getting married soon and need all the cash I can.

Cheers

Lee

Cheaper to do a claim IMO

Unless you have a high excess.

Mine is only $450 excess and to get all those parts lets say form the US or Japan it would cost more then $450. Alot more.

Unlucky break mate! Kiddy pool = 1, V35 = 0.

You probably need a professional quote done up to see how much it should cost all up then decide which way to go.. ie pay outright, claim through insurance, or depending on how bad it is, DIY through sourcing your own parts..

I don't know what your excess is but mine is $1550 (Vehicle $800 + Standard excess $400 + U/25 excess $350) with JustCar (even as a rating 1.. it's criminal that they can charge such a high excess... once my birthday rolls around in November it will drop extremely sharply to only $400 in total!!!).

If your excess is high like mine you might be better off avoiding the insurance claim.

Good luck with it.

Hi Guys,

Thanks hepas for the replies. Found a guy in QLD who does Ken Style front bars pretty cheap, postage was only $80 total is heaps heaps less than my excess!

Thanks again

Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I can have the contacts for the guy?

my coupe need a new front bumper as well.

Hi Guys,

Thanks hepas for the replies. Found a guy in QLD who does Ken Style front bars pretty cheap, postage was only $80 total is heaps heaps less than my excess!

Thanks again

Lee