SAU Community

33 Gtst Light Reduce Switch?

chubs

Hey guys ive had my 33 for bout 3 years now and finally decided to query on this. On my center console next to the cup holder i have a switch wich says "light reduce". I have tried using it and nothing happens so no idea what it is linked to.

I do know there are wires running from it but to what i have no idea. Has anybody else got one of these? were they a factory option?

Car is a 97 series 2 GTST.

cheers guys

Edited by chubs

• 2 weeks later...

mine i have put behind dash as i do't really need it, it used to be just under my cluster but now i have put the ariel back there.

all it does is controll your dash brightness

Cam

That switch you are talking about automatically turns off your headlights when you come to a stop. Apparently it is a courtesy thing in Japan for drivers to switch off their headlights when they come to a stop in traffic. May be fact or rumour but that is what I heard at least.

I have a '97 R33 S2 and also have that switch near the cup holder and it does exactly that; when I have my headlights on and have the light reduce switch on it automatically turns my headlights off when I come to a stop.