SAU Community

Shuttering From Gtr32 Only When Turning Left

Hello,

Recently purchased a gtr32 for a bit of fun. It has a shuttering that goes through the whole car when turning left only and only occurs at low speeds (around less than 20kph). Turning right at any speed is fine as is turning left above ~20kph.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by RedEmblem

Well the only thing I can think of that could cause a shuddering is maybe a wheel bearing, something to do with power steering, something is loose or something is rubbing against something when turning. Now I'm not sure why it would only be doing it when turning left and not right if it were a wheel bearing. But I'm just throwing up some ideas for other people to maybe comment on.

mine does the same thing with im havign problems with the ATTESSA AWD system, only at low speed, turing out of a park space ect, but mine is both sides, im pretty sure. and the same shuddering.

does you SLIP light come on when its happening?

Edited by sydking

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What about at higher speeds?

My 32GTR shudders around corners at higher speeds - it feels like it is happening when the front wheels/diff is getting power...? it doesn't feel like this is how the 4WD should work?

Sorry if this is a stupid question - it's my first GTR and I haven't had a chance to get a mechanic to look at the 4WD.

I have had this before with the R32 gtr diff - certain oil will make it really tight, so very low speed cornering it locks, and then causes the shudder.

Mine with redline lightweight shockproof was so tight it would actually refuse to move - dropped the oil, put some redline gear oil 80W140 and problem pretty much gone - one more flush and it would be gone completely as this is what I was using before the shockproof went in and no problems then.

Andy - I also used to get it happening slightly at higher speeds as well until I changed the oil.