SAU Community

Radars......

R32 Skyline

Guys,

I spotted a speed camera on mitcham road, it was a Red Early 90's Holden Rodeo

Never would have picked for a speed camera, I woulda got done if it wasnt for the high beams I got.

The cops r getting too sneaky, should SAU have a speedcamera section

that is locked and can be added to by mods to keep it neat?

Cheers

The cops r getting too sneaky, should SAU have a speedcamera section

that is locked and can be added to by mods to keep it neat?

It's got nothing to do with Police being sneaky.....

stop thinking that you're better than all the other road users, don't believe that you're above the law, and stop speeding!!

Problem fixed.

:D

FFS.....5km.h over u get done these days...this is insane...i think if yr 5km/h over you should at least be able to recognise a speed camera...they are stopping you from recognising, that is sneaky...

Ok if you speed like 10km/h over or more day in and out you deserve it....

stop thinking that you're better than all the other road users, don't believe that you're above the law, and stop speeding!!

Problem fixed.  

:D

So you my friend think that police are only trying to save lives and only doing this for the safety of the public, not raising revenue for the government??

Wake up and smell the bacon!!

Problem fixed.  

:)

Oh come on. You can not seriously believe that they actually care whether you live or die on the roads? They prefer the carnage so it adds weight to their arguments that SPEED KILLS!!!! Sure it does, even the car rolling down a driveway at 3 kmh over a 1 year old, it is the speed that kills, but they'll call it a tragic accident. A stationary car parked will do bugger all. No Speed, no kill. Tell me how many accidents are actually fatal where speedING was the contributing factor. Any speed can kill. Current technology may protect you at speeds of less than 80 kmh in a frontal and 45 kmh side. That is explosive pretensioned seatbelts and airbags. Not present in three and two of my four cars but I still take my chances in traffic because I accept the risk.

I have taken a personal interest in the technology and law behind this garbage and as a very proficient road user, never caused an accident and haven't had a fine in 10 years, I am disgusted how the little lambies believe everythig served up to them.

Worked as an Ambo driver for a while and the Police attitudes sucked. Just as uneducated as the majority of the population who are happy to subsidise Bracks and Co to the tune of Hundreds of Millions of dollars every year on the basis of suspect technology.

Imagine my wife's surprise when we drove through a mobile speed check displaying our road speed and as the only cars on the road it registered close to our road speed (indicated) then a few kays less then a few kays less again. "Who's car was that?" Just ours on the first and second sidelobes but it coulda been another car in another lane going a lot faster but not in the camera view (had there been a camera). Challenge everything.

I'll be happy to distribute some literature if you want it.

A basic tenent in most states of the US (where freedom reigns supreme) is the 85th percentile rule where at least 85% of the traffic is travelling at the appropriate speed for the section of road and they generally use engineers with educations to determine limits. Here it is concerned mum and dad, some plods, RAC reps and maybe even a church group rep. Where are the professionals? Who has the education and skillsets and technical mastery?

Just how many drivers are getting fined? More than 7.5% would suggest speed trapping. Setting limits too low to extort money through fines. Statistically the other 7.5% would be under the true safe speed.

I almost mowed a kid down in the burbs the other day because I was too busy checking my speedo at 45kmh instead of looking for the indicators that something is about to happen. Thank god for R33 brakes and my reaction time - he just ran out between the cars onto the road and would be just as dead at 45 as 50 or 60 (yeah I've picked a couple of those up and the drivers were shattered by the experience even though not their fault). I despise this government and anyone who supports their attitude to speed revenue raising without understanding the facts or undertaking to educating themselves and i am sorry i am taking it out on you.

It's not personal and it is complicated. You cannot just one line it and think the problem is solved. Hope I can make it up sometime.

mind you about 65% of VIC's speed cameras are run by private companies now... so it most probably wasn't even a copper in there, just some guy earning a living like the rest of us, working for a scum of a company that isn't concerned about public safety, just commission on revenue raised.

mind you about 65% of VIC's speed cameras are run by private companies now... so it most probably wasn't even a copper in there, just some guy earning a living like the rest of us, working for a scum of a company that isn't concerned about public safety, just commission on revenue raised.

Funky I don't have the issue with the company doing the radar as long as they are spotlessly clean with the job they do. It is the legislators who say here is a hard ceiling on speed, against expert advice and extensive study, to generate revenue on the back of grief. It is the Police lackeyism, who should mandate training and education, not support 3kmh tolerances and inappropriate limits.

I want to know who is in a position to advise as a neutral third party? In any other business or Government sector there would be charges of inappropriate behaviour and fraudulent behaviour to answer.

I have a couple of further points to make, but I didn't want to be too lengthy earlier.

If speeding cameras always go into black spots and not "safe" roads then why should we not know about the locations and have them clearly signedas such?

If so many people get fines does that mean we do not agree, as a voting majority, with the legislation as it stands or the rigidity of the upper limit? Does that then mean that the government is ignoring the will of the majority? Should it not be the subject of an education campaign and a referendum so we get Choice as a voting majority?

Just something to chew over, and I don't agree with detectors. I do think the road angel (not a plug) is a good slap in the face for the traffic nazis, who hate it, because it just tells you where the approved camera sites are as you approach them because they are black spots, aren't they?

well all i can add is.. the amount of deaths on Victorian roads, both over the holidays, and at other times is greater than QLD (similar population) - and yet QLD has a *much* more relaxed attitude and people seem to drive a lot faster. I definitely wouldn't say Queenslanders are great drivers either.

So the whole SPEED KILLS (as a direct cause) down to the 3km/hr tollerance in VIC is A MYTH. PERIOD

Gordo

quite possibly the folks down here are just lashing out in protest and doing stupid things on the roads.

Perhaps (even worse) they think they are safe and warm and cuddly because the Govt is doing SO MUCH to keep them safe so they don't have to give a rats A**E about being sensible.

Maybe, and I'll probably go with this, the slightly higher speed is enoough to keep the mind alert, even over the H..U..G..E distances in Qld, so they don't run off the road or into others.

A result of maximum speeds being unlawfully legislated in a state in the US meant there was no max limit on one highway in particular. The result???? Courtesy!! People were expecting others to come through fast so they pulled over into the slow lane to let them through. Even the faster drivers were not going that much faster anyway but gave the slower drivers plenty of room also. The road toll achieved a modern low against all of the doomsayers whining and insurance premiums went down due to less accidents.

Well how about that. Their limit is now 120kmh (whatever that is in Miles).

Oh come on. You can not seriously believe that they actually care whether you live or die on the roads?  

........ I despise this government and anyone who supports their attitude to speed revenue raising without understanding the facts or undertaking to educating themselves and i am sorry i am taking it out on you.  

Yes it's revenue raising, but at the same time, the "speed limit" is posted as the maximum speed at which you are permited to travel in optimum conditions.

The whole "Speed Kills" issue has nothing to do with any of this.

We all know it's a bunch of crap.

However.......

If you don't like the speed limits, then don't obey them, but don't complain when you get caught breaking the law.

It's a law that applies to everyone.

Not just those who choose to obey it.

Driving is a privelige not a right.

yeah its like if you murdered someone and then cried foul when you got life imprisonment... it IS against the law to murder and you do know that law so you can't pretend to be unaware of the law. While no one will stop you from murdering sum1, there are ramification for doing it.