SAU Community

Bye Bye Oran Park

Neil

This last weekend marked the closing of Oran Park forever. :D:);)

This Saturday and Sunday were supposed to be the last race weekend,,,as a free for all,,,a run what you brung weekend,,but for lack of entrants,,,it was cancelled. So they opened the doors to a practice weekend.

I took the Radical for testing and the 1st Ladies Skyline out for one last fling on the Saturday,,,43 degree heat made for a very bloody hot day. The Radical handled the heat wiithout a problem but her Skyline suffered big time. All in all it was fun.

Here's some u-tube vids of the day. Lets all post up all the great times,,,bad times and everything in between.

I have heaps more and I'm sure everybody does. No reason to hide your laps boy's and girl's,,,stop watching them now is just a dream.

Neil.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tip my hat to you Neil. Saturday was too hot to even mow the lawn. :P

Sunday, I was at Eastern Ck.

Monday, well that would have been good with Ian Luff's cohorts but I had clients booked in.

Oh sigh, Catalina :) , Amaroo :) , and now OP :) .

Keep the film footage eh, because when all the houses go up, it won't be worth taking your grandkids there and telling them, "Well this is where..."

How much is the Yokohama bridge selling for? I know it's F/S.

How not to take shell corner in the old skyline

2560642436_03bf4dd2e1_o.jpg

3 wheeling

20090608_autosports_NJW_0177.jpg

One from cassbo with me way off line (again)

DPP_0308.jpg

I have some vid of the first outing of the s13 in turbo form. It's pretty crap but i'll shorten it up a bit and post it.

I loved the rough nature of Oran Park. You could attack the curbs like no other.

It was also like a giant roller coaster. Oran Park was the first track I ever drove on. I will never forget. ;)

RESPECT!

Here's a cool action shot going over the flip flop!

post-34918-1264656072_thumb.jpg

Thats a very nice s13 nismoman! subtle but serious!

Thanks evil! It's hard to beat - bang for buck wise.

I was devestated seeing that photo of the bridge being knocked down. :P

Guess there were no takers on keeping the old bridge? Imagine the transport costs!

I would think not many of the assets will be sold. Alot of them are old and rusty.

By far my most fond memory of the place comes well before I ever even drove on the GP.

The old Bandag bullet ripping hellis on the main straight and sitting on the hill watching rodney crick taking on the kiwis at the day night truck meetings during the early 90's.

There was a photo that used to float around or crick coming onto the straight and rubbing the wall while the front screen was falling out.

Then pitting for smith during the 90's with the Gemini sporty.

From my early days racing karts on the north to winning races there over the last couple of years in gtr's all the memories are good.

Crashed a few times won a few times, the old circuit claimed a few of my engines and gearboxes almost the whole car on numerous occassions.

All in all I'll miss it.

Remember the SATCC round where Dick Johnson spun at the kink on the first lap and evolved from the massive cloud of dust with no boot hatch on his Sierra?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• The time has come once again, for another SAUNSW Sunday Session! You all know the drill by now, fam... This is the perfect event to catch up with the SAUNSW crew, hang out for a coffee and a bite to eat, and get in some photos and friendly banter! So without any ado, here are the details: Date: Sunday 14 July 2024 Meet Location: Penrith Krispy Kreme (at Penrith Panthers - Panthers Place, Mulgoa Rd, Penrith) Meet Time: 8:00am Map: https://tinyurl.com/saunsw-penrithkk  This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our many track days. This is an official SAUNSW event and will be run under a Motorsports Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!
    • Who's itching for another cruise...?? That's right! You are! And so are we! And what better cruise to run than an Old Pac Run!! So without any ado whatsoever, here are the details for you to save: Date: Saturday 22nd June 2024 Meet Location: Cowan Truck Stop (Pacific Motorway - Refer to Map) Meet Time: Meet at 7:00pm for a 7:30pm departure Destination: Gosford McDonald's (65 Pacific Highway, Gosford West) Map: https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Cowan+Rest+Area+-+Truck+Stop,+Cowan+NSW+2081/mcdonalds+gosford/@-33.5145054,151.1875996,11z/data=!4m39!4m38!1m30!1m1!1s0x6b0d50be6b302f7b:0x52a920c40b292919!2m2!1d151.1590113!2d-33.6115097!3m4!1m2!1d151.1632842!2d-33.6047898!3s0x6b0d509345312641:0xb510e358747a5332!3m4!1m2!1d151.2008176!2d-33.5274838!3s0x6b0d4e5adac43725:0x611c05fee203a98a!3m4!1m2!1d151.1925869!2d-33.4598502!3s0x6b0d4926bcb9e627:0xd95f510d7f39b402!3m4!1m2!1d151.2072744!2d-33.4523186!3s0x6b0d49138231a221:0xaf20c78b79e9db5a!3m4!1m2!1d151.2318957!2d-33.4309951!3s0x6b0d4989b4996d83:0xeae9af9b71739b59!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b0d4aaa920441e5:0x33f1be63f4680e2f!2m2!1d151.32463!2d-33.4269!3e0?entry=ttu Definitely an easy one for this cruise, meet at Cowan Truck Stop and jump straight onto Old Pacific Highway! Final stop at McDonald's which has plenty of parking all around. There will be a lead and follow car so no one should get lost. If you would like to attend or bring others along please put your name down and a +1 as numbers will be needed prior! This is NOT a race and we will all be adhering to all road rules. If this is what you want please come to one of our track days. This is an official SAUNSW event and will be run under a Motorsport Australia permit. One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAU:NSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!
    • Thanks, I'll have to cobble something like sonicii did, will report back
    • Agree! I still believe I have the quietest 400kW+ R33 in Australia.
    • ah gotcha ill go remeasure again, thanks for all the tips. when i measured the TPS 5v reference voltage, i put my multimeter leads on 5v power and strut tower bolt, it gave me 5v with boost sensor disconnected and with boost sensor connected it gave me 1.4v. ill try remeasure again this time with volt meter both on the 5v reference and TPS signal ground wire.