SAU Community

Mysterious Thing In My Boot

Curtis.Cow

hey,

I have a plate in the back of my car, its next to the fuse box and where the battery is, i took it off and it has some hoses going from the left and from the right with 2 plugs on the top going into it, its making a fuzzy noise and im woundering what the hell it is haha,

Cheers

Curtis!

hehe looks like its my fuel pump then ;) its making fuzzy noises from it when i rev the engine? is that good or not good? lol

How much gas do you have in the tank? Some get louder when it's getting very low, gurgle and what not.

Is it really loud or just a faint buzzing noise? If it's really loud it may have come loose and is vibrating against the wall of the tank.

its fairly loud, i got the back seat out and i can hear it just by taping the gas, i shove my head in the boot and its fairly loud, i wouldnt say its mega loud but its defently noticeable

Well it may be normal. You're probably only noticing it now because you've removed all the sound deadening between you and it. ie The aforementioned back seat.

With no rear seat I could hear my factory fuel pump whizzing away. Completely silent from cabin with the seat in though.

My Nismo pump was a fair bit louder when I first installed it but it became fairly silent even with the rear seat out after 1 tank of fuel.