SAU Community

M35 Ecu Fault Code 0235 - Probably To Do With Attesa

GlennM35

I seem to remember that when when playing around with a Consult 2 it came back with the P0235 error although the CEL hadn't lit up.

I cleared the error using the Consult hand set and it has not popped up over the past year and a bit.

Try clearing the code before getting up to your elbows in engine bay. If it is a problem, the code will pop up again either straight away or after a drive.

i did the ecu reset a couple of times to make sure i got it right and still no good.

the problem is still there and to make it worse last night on the way home i gave it a little bit of a boot full, as i normally do, and when i stopped at a set of lights it got really lumpy. so i pulled over, opened the bonnet to find that it had kicked off the little hose from the plenum that leads to the fuel regulator.

i can only assume that the plenum is not properly pressurised and that seems to be the weakest link.

on a good note i ordered a PCV valve from nissan and waiting for a call back for a pick up tomorrow morning and should be in by midday tomorrow and i'll go from there. i will also be checking all hoses that run to and from the plenum along with the boost hoses.

if that doesn't solve the problem i think a visit to a work shop might be on the cards. any recommendation about where to take it?

Thanks again :-)

... one of the things that should be replaced every 80'000km is the PCV valve...

Where did you get this info from Andy?

I still have my original PCV in and it is working fine (it is connected to a catch can though... if that makes any difference)

not sure where the info came from..... but i'm going by what Andy mentioned, and also taking into consideration the other comments.

the only reason i think its plenum pressure related is because of the regulator hose popping off the plenum...........

i'm tempted to go over the entire engine bay with a electro cleaner and check/replace all hoses. LoL.

Could be a good idea, I dont think the PCV would cause over boosting only more vac which would suck the hose on more.

I have the same fault up with turbo boost sensor, but I have a controller raising the pressure to 21psi. I would be checking all the wastegate pressure lines.

I dont think a leak would cause a stall, more likely the AFM as said, mine did the same thing when I first replaced the intake. Clean it and see how it goes.

Where did you get this info from Andy?

I still have my original PCV in and it is working fine (it is connected to a catch can though... if that makes any difference)

From lots of reading on the Internet. Found it in a sercice manual.

just an update, i replaced the PCV valve genuine from Nissan $56. still has very low idle but it still doesnt stall and the rough low idle isnt as bad.

i spent about an hour going over the hoses, even got under the car to have a look, and also cleaned the plugs with electro parts cleaner.

still no luck, next step is to take it and get it checked out. i'll be going to Unigroup on Saturday to get it looked at and hopefully fixed.

thanks for the help guys.

much appreciated.

Stefan

Edited by StefanNM35

When you say "low" idle, what do you mean?

550rpm? 500rpm? or less??

I know when mine car is warm, it will idle around 600, but if it is a hot day the idle will drop further, sometimes to 500-550 but will hold steady

it gets down to about 550rpm and on the odd occasion down to almost 500 but never less.

last week it had a rough idle at about 550rpm, but after replacing the pcv valve, (which had turned to a 2 way, free-flowing valve) it doesnt idle as rough. its still gets down to 550 rpm but no where as rough.

does yours drop straight down to 550rpm or does it work its way down after you stop? i'm not sure if yours is the same as i described mine in my original post where after stopping and leaving it in D, it will drop to 750rpm and then slowing it will drop down to 550rpm. working its way down about 50rpm every second or so.

i've had the Stagea for just over 18 months and the idle has always been around 700-750rpm. unless something was wrong the whole time and now its fine. LOL

i dont know what else to think.

Hi Stefan

You don't mention if you did any thing else. ie. did you clean the throttle body? and have you redone the procedure to reset the IDLE AIR LEARNING and RECALIBRATE THE TPS and RESET THE IDLE?

Once you have made the changes you mentioned it is important to do this reset procedure so the ECU knows what the current parameters are. If you need the info of how to do this let me know.

You mentioned in your first post that the idle was around 800rpm (which is too high). The ECU only memorizes the idle when you can set it between 650-750rpm. Given your PCV was not in the best working order i would suggest you do these procedures and I am confident you will see a substantial improvement.

Cheers

Andy

it gets down to about 550rpm and on the odd occasion down to almost 500 but never less.

last week it had a rough idle at about 550rpm, but after replacing the pcv valve, (which had turned to a 2 way, free-flowing valve) it doesnt idle as rough. its still gets down to 550 rpm but no where as rough.

does yours drop straight down to 550rpm or does it work its way down after you stop? i'm not sure if yours is the same as i described mine in my original post where after stopping and leaving it in D, it will drop to 750rpm and then slowing it will drop down to 550rpm. working its way down about 50rpm every second or so.

i've had the Stagea for just over 18 months and the idle has always been around 700-750rpm. unless something was wrong the whole time and now its fine. LOL

i dont know what else to think.

Sounds sort of similar to mine, except mine doesn't work it's way down in stages (no pauses every 50rpm), it just slowly lowers until it hits 550 when very warm (500 can occur only on a damn hot day and after an hour drive or longer).

You didn't mention any pausing when it lowers down to 550 but that was the impression I got from your post.

750-800rpm is "too high" for an M35. The factory idle is set at 650 +/- 50rpm.

Mine has been doing this for about 2.5 years now with no ill effects.

In that time, I have added/upgraded/replaced - turbo, radiator, intercooler & piping, thermostat, runner spacer, throttle Body, dump pipe, frontpipe/cat, cat-back. None of which have made a difference to the lower than normal idle.

I have not changed my PCV as it is still working properly it would seem.

Oh, and agree with what Andy said (can't hurt to do the resets and may raise your idle)

What year is your car? I know there were a heap of different Nissan ECU's for these things so maybe you have an early build M35 like me? If you PM me your VIN, I can check the ECU number and build date (may be a common trait with the early ECU's?)

Hi All,

After having it checked and no issues found i've decided to give up on trying to find an issue that doesnt seem to exist. when i was at the workshop they cleaner the afm (it was really dirty) and performed a smoke test to see if any leaks can be found. Nothing came up and i was told everything appears to be fine.

various test were performed to check the vaccum and the throttle body movement and it all went well.

the idle actually gets around 550-600rpm now. i'm happy with that. and i've noticed that with the diff ambient temps it does move 50-100rpm up or down. on a hot day it does drop less but no rough idle. :-)

i've performed all resets, the throttle body was cleaned about 3 months ago and after replacing the pcv valve it appears to be fine. i need to stop being so paranoid. :-)

Thanks for all your help guys.

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

its appears to be heat related. the warmer the days the lower the idle. thats about it, i guess it was just me being to paranoid. lol.

iamhe77 - i never had an issue with the CEL coming up, and it doesnt come up at all. and yes now that a couple of people have confirmed that theres nothing wrong with it, i agree, i lower idle is a lovely thing.

sorry havent had a chance to get on here and let you know that everything with the car is fine, just been busy with work and finding a way to keep the big girl. dont want to Sell her but i have to. dont want to be leaving her at train stations carparks.

it was a sad day last week but the add went up. :-(

Thanks for all the help and ideas from all you guys

• 4 months later...