SAU Community

Jwt Popcharger And Z Tube

spenny

Hi Everyone, im after getting one of these but all i can find is places in the US, but they charge crazy shipping which make it not worth it. Is there anywhere in oz where i can get from or if i need to go US does anyone reccommend a place to get from.

Thanks

Spenny

• 4 weeks later...

shippings not that bad, I just ordered off ebay a motordyne plemum spacer, z tube and pop charger and it cost $493 AUD delivered.

let me know if u want the guys name, he was really helpful - should arrive next week :cheers:

FYI my popcharger, z tube and spacer arrived yesterday and I fitted it last night - shipping took 4 days :P

car sounded good before, sounds farking awesome now! definantly recommend this mod for anyone looking to make their car sound better.

..*starts looking at high flow cats*.. :bunny:

hmm i got mine off ebay for about 250AUS... that was about 2008 though... sooo heres a link of one you could get...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JWT-POP-CHA...sQ5fAccessories

its $65.00 US shipping... its like 1aus = 0.91US sooo its a good buy! :bunny:

works well! didnt notice much of a power difference however the sound is awesome!!! a massive ROAR!!! xD

• 4 years later...

Most people do a reset when installing an intake mod, as it resets the learnt ratios.

It will take a few runs before your car relearns.

My understanding of the ECU is that it's an adaptive learning ECU that adjusts to your driving style. So it won't matter if you don't reset the ECU. Over time it will adjust.

I like to reset my ECU after installing new intake mods though. :)

Not really required. the MAF will measure intake airflow, unless a pop-charger changes the way the air flows over the MAF it won't make any difference.

The only thing the ECU stores is long term fuel trim. Meaning if the ECU sees a consistent difference between it's base fuel maps and what it sees at the AF ratio/ O2 sensor output, it will apply a trim to the map.

This shouldn't change by fitting a pop-charger.

To clear the long term fuel trim you will need a consult, or follow the non-consult procedure (I don't have this with me at the moment), which involves a pattern of accelerator pedal cycles and ign on/off cycles.

The days of disconnecting the battery to clear ECU went out when the 1990s...

Edited by sonicii