SAU Community

Spilt Beer In My Backseat

Crackfox

I just had about 100ml of beer spill onto the backseat of my car, I soaked up ~50% of it with a towel and then sat another dry towel over the wet patch to try suck up some more of it. What products can I use to get at this in the morning? Right now i'm off to bed cos ive had about 5 hours sleep since thursday.

Still against the law to have open alcohol in the car while it's driving, even if it's a passenger. But seriously, how many of us still allow it. I know I do and I have never drunk drove in my life.

Try the Metho trick dude. The worst part about spilt beer is the smell after a while.

Still against the law to have open alcohol in the car while it's driving, even if it's a passenger. But seriously, how many of us still allow it. I know I do and I have never drunk drove in my life.

Try the Metho trick dude. The worst part about spilt beer is the smell after a while.

Haha yeah true. I have even been pulled over a few times with passengers that have opened alcohol and the police didnt mind as long as I'm sober.

Do I just pour some metho onto my back seat and leave it? Or should I dab at it with a clothe or something, I'll be trying it tomorrow. Today the car didnt smell to bad and you could only smell a faint beer smell if you sat in he backseat

idiot brother left a full stubbie on the rear footwell after they were predrinkin b4 goin in to a club. didnt bother to tell me. when i went to get the car at the end of the night, beer went every where. that is one of the worst smells imo. had to get it steam cleaned

Do I just pour some metho onto my back seat and leave it? Or should I dab at it with a clothe or something,

Just soak some rag with methylated spirits and dab the area. It'll evaporate anyway and with no stain and even less smell.

It wasnt me that was drinking. My asian friend decided his beer would be ok if he sat it down upright while I took a roundabout. That was his only his third beer as well and he's a big guy about 95kgs. asians cant drink

if it was a white guy i could help you, but asian beer stains are a different matter...

see if you can use a carpet cleaner. might be able to rent one somewhere.

I wouldnt go near one of those things. They are SHIT. I have 10 yrs carpet cleaning experience so I know.

Ring a carpet cleaner if your really keen to get it super clean. Most carpet cleaners hate doing cars so be nice and pull the seats out for him. If they try to charge you more then $100 to do both fronts and the back tell em to get f**ked. and make sure they use the hot water extraction method, not some half arsed dry cleaning bullshit. this goes for your carpets too.

If your in brisbane or gold coast PM me.

Edited by Flipmo