SAU Community

Need Answer If You Ever Personally Imported A Car From Japan

Mr Eps

i'm sure by now people in the import business are TIRED of my consistant question asking regarding the process but i don't think i'm that bad so please feel free to read my new book titled "Mad082 can SUCK IT."

anyway

trying to keep this brief as possible, i want soarer - and have been for quite some time. my budget for 98-00 soarer is about 15g

this is allowing for car FOB transit compliance rego insurance etc etc

and possibly a set of shiny mag wheels.

anyway

i see a lot of people purchasing V36 skylines etc...

those things cost HEAPS... how do people AFFORD this kind of thing???

is it bank loan? cos u can't get carloans for imports unless you pay major interest..

am i missing somehting here or do these people jsut "have" 40 grand kicking around the house to drop on a depreciating asset =/

how do people get money for imported cars??? my general gist of society is that the people who HAVE the money - spend it on "more presitigous" locally delivered cars...

so my question is this - how do people "usually" pay for imports???

i'm having trouble "saving" for mine =/

how much $$$ do u earn per annum (dont have to answer - me personally get between 45-55Kpa)

and yet no matter how hard i save it sdeems to get me no where???

mmm i do alright pay wise now :P but even when i was an apprentice earning max 25k i still got my first Skyline a 33 GTST and it was 13500.

I just used to put a certain amount away every week towards it and didnt touch that money till i had enough to buy the car. i would also use the money i got from selling my previous car and put that towards it too.

You have to ask yourself, why are you having trouble saving? Sit down and just writeup a simple cashflow table. How much money coming in versus how much money going out. Pay particular attention to the funds flowing out, can you reduce or eliminate any on the list? Unless you have your own business, many people have a fixed income working for an employer, so your "cashflow in" column will be a constant. Not much you can do about it there, so you have to work on the "cashflow out" column. That's the only way you can save is to reduce funds flowing out.

Obviously another way is to get a loan.

Another thing to think about is not to work harder, but to work smarter. Have the money work for you instead of you working for money. Invest your funds on shares, property, whatever that gives you a decent return. Just don't invest on cars..

I got a personal loan for 30k for my v35. that said i'm 31 been employed for years and earn good money (more than 70k), so it didnt phase me or the bank. 800 per month in repayments over 5 years.

i did 25k about 6 years ago to buy myself a 33 when i was on 40kish

ok cool just wanted to make sure i AM doing the correct thing here by trying to save and pay cash and there's not some sort of "money tree" you guys all know about that i don't

my only real "outlay" of my money is paying off my credit card - and the unfortunate god awful task of purchasing presents for my gf who is turning 21 in a few weeks GOD DAMMIT

but yeah - want myu credit card paid off in full before i start

hahaha rowan you and your "girlfriends" and "playa hating"

you get a bank loan, I did for both my cars, paid out the VN when I got the arse from my job, and still paying off the R32(i did actually tell the bank I was buying one when i applied for the loan, no hassles at all)

Extend your mortgage or get a linked supplementary loan (if you have a mortgage).

Pay interest at home loan rates, and you can pay it off quicker if you're disciplined. That's what I've done a couple of times now.

Well no chance i paid full cash for my car. 50-50 is the way to go. As mentioned above, pay loan faster than your term.

Hey Nathan,

How much did you pay for your Nur ... as I am currently looking for 1 myself ...

By the Way I got my money to buy my new ride from Investment properties ... took me 3 Years to appreciate and refinance so I got the CASH to buy my Nur ... ^_^

Good luck with your next ride ...

Remember ... You don't have to be rich to invest ... BUT you need to invest to be RICH!

Basically all I did was to buy a House 3 years ago and let the value appreciate then refinance to get the CASH to buy my next ride ... If you can wait, you might want to join me ... :)

You have to ask yourself, why are you having trouble saving? Sit down and just writeup a simple cashflow table. How much money coming in versus how much money going out. Pay particular attention to the funds flowing out, can you reduce or eliminate any on the list? Unless you have your own business, many people have a fixed income working for an employer, so your "cashflow in" column will be a constant. Not much you can do about it there, so you have to work on the "cashflow out" column. That's the only way you can save is to reduce funds flowing out.

Obviously another way is to get a loan.

Another thing to think about is not to work harder, but to work smarter. Have the money work for you instead of you working for money. Invest your funds on shares, property, whatever that gives you a decent return. Just don't invest on cars..

+1

Don't smoke?

Don't drink?

BAT Execs & publicans have monstrous houses

Hey Nathan,

How much did you pay for your Nur ... as I am currently looking for 1 myself ...

By the Way I got my money to buy my new ride from Investment properties ... took me 3 Years to appreciate and refinance so I got the CASH to buy my Nur ... ^_^

Good luck with your next ride ...

Remember ... You don't have to be rich to invest ... BUT you need to invest to be RICH!

Basically all I did was to buy a House 3 years ago and let the value appreciate then refinance to get the CASH to buy my next ride ... If you can wait, you might want to join me ... :blush:

As good as that sounds, remember you will be paying off that loan amount over 25-30 years...

So although it sounds great to have your car loan added to your home loan at home loan rates, if you aren't very strict in paying the car off above and beyond what your normal home loan payments are, then you will end up paying much much more in interest.